Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DIY Project.

Hi Everyone,
    I have a water pressure tank that I want to make into a pizza oven. It is approximately 4 feet tall. I would like to make it into a vertical oven. I have attached photos. Please share your thoughts and opinions. Thank you for reading this post.

Only thing I have seen on the blog related to this type of repurpose is old propane tanks and how successful they were is unknown. Do a search on the blog under "other oven types". Issues with steel bodies are high transmission of heat away from the oven so insulation is an issue that needs to be resolved as well as how to vent the oven, center vents do not work well.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 07-11-2022, 11:11 AM.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

You can insulate in a myriad of ways on the exterior, but as mentioned, the centre venting would be an issue. You might consider a horizontal format barrel with a mid-floor and the venting at the opposite end of the front door. Then figure out ways to get the heat transfer across your cook area before exiting. I'm doing a vertical steel build in an old furnace, and it vents horizontally first before going up.

Comment

Working...
      X