• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doughforthesoul
    replied
    Re: Welcome to Alternative Oven

Originally posted by james View Post
    Welcome to our newest FB Forum category. You can use this space to talk about other types of wood-fired ovens, including clay, adobe and cobb ovens, along with steel dome ovens and other more experimental ovens, including the beer keg oven.

I will look through the FB Forum and move a number of relevant threads to this category.

Enjoy!

James
    Good Morning,
    I'm not sure if this is how or where I should be asking this question but here it goes. I want to build a low dome oven 42" circle with a dome height of 16" and the arch opening of 10" high and 16" wide. These are interior measurements. Any advice? Would I still be able to bake and cook other food besides pizza without burning due to the low dome? Thanks Carol
    Last edited by doughforthesoul; 03-24-2010, 06:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

I'm a bit late to the party (haven't been online at home in ages) but thanks! Love the new forum!

If I ever get my desktop fixed I probably have every old earthen oven thread bookmarked...

Leave a comment:

• nordik
    replied

Thanks Les,

you had your doubts... you and I both!
    i always thought it'd end up a wood fired patio heater instead.

to be able to drink the keg and make a oven out of it... win win situation!

thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Nordik,

I had my doubts - you nailed it! I'm thinking I just might drink a keg of beer to have a portable oven. Great job.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• nordik
    replied

cheers james!

Leave a comment:

• Wiley
    replied

Good idea James!
    As my thread evolved I more than once thought that "Introductions" was a strange category to be in.
    Wiley

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a topic Welcome to Alternative Oven

Welcome to Alternative Oven

Welcome to our newest FB Forum category. You can use this space to talk about other types of wood-fired ovens, including clay, adobe and cobb ovens, along with steel dome ovens and other more experimental ovens, including the beer keg oven.

I will look through the FB Forum and move a number of relevant threads to this category.

Enjoy!

James
    Last edited by james; 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM.
Working...
X