Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My "Earthy" Outdoor Kitchen Build

Coolness!

Just a thought but maybe you could hammer the pipe flat where it connects to the pan. It would probably be easier (and safer) to drill.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Clay Oven Update = Pending Disaster

I guess getting the right mix of clay and sand is harder than I first thought.
      Over the course of using the oven, I have had bits or sand and clay fall in the oven, but nothing too serious.

Well, that is going to change any day now.

I have major cracks in my vent opening, and the chunks are loose. I'm sure it's going to fall if I bump or push on it. Oh well, I guess I'm glad I never got around to finishing my enclosure.

So, I will be dismantling the enclosure, bagging up the loose Perlite, and destroying the clay dome. That part should be fun...I guess.

The bricks are purchased, and the cutting has begun. I will start a new thread to chronicle my "new" brick oven build!
      Toby

Comment

Ouch - as someone just completing a clay oven build, this is somewhat disturbing!
        My Clay Oven build:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...dah-12821.html

Comment

You clay mixture looks a little more scientific than mine. We simply mixed up a batch of Arizona clay (dug up in my yard) with sand and water, trying to keep a 75/25-60/40 sand to clay ratio.
          Toby

Comment

Um, you didn't use straw?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Nope, I saw a few recipes with straw, but went a different way on mine.
              Toby

Comment

Working...
              X