Cast Oven on Trailer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cast Oven on Trailer Questions

Be careful the drawbar doesn't go skywards. Mine is also really well balanced, but on two occasions, rolling it around sloping driveways it tipped back. Not really a great drama as mine is less than 200Kgs and is really well secured into the trailer with chains, but not so healthy for the bodywork on the bottom of my trailer. maybe an extra jockey wheel on the back of the trailer would be good insurance.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Yeah, I had a kickstand on the back of the trailer because it would tip backwards so easily if anyone leaned on the tail end. I ended up installing a folding table to the rear of mine so I could unhitch it and not worry about it flipping backwards.

great project! show us some of those fires!

Comment

Great thread Djag, do you have any updates and pictures?

Comment

Fired it up for the first Pizza's. The oven gets much hotter than my bread oven. A lot of differences. Material, insulation, design. My first pie was done in 30 seconds. Top was perfect and bottom was a little dark but nothing you couldn't eat. Floor was way too hot and took forever to cool down but it cooks pizza way better than my bread oven. It was cooking pies well under 90 seconds. I never had to recharge the floor but I only made 10 pies. I baked 6 loaves of ciabatta once I got the floor down to around 600 (still too hot but I'm not very patient) they came out great. Only took about 12 minutes which is crazy fast. I do have pics of those.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1284941611

Comment

Try throwing some semolina on the floor of the oven. If it goes black (and probably catches fire) in 2 seconds, then it's too hot. 3 seconds= perfect. 4 seconds= not hot enough. No need for fancy temp equip. If the floor is too hot try placing the first pizzas closer to the entry where it will be cooler. If you need to cook the top more you can hold the pizza up close to the top of the dome with your peel.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X