CVB Oven Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CVB Oven Build

Much progress made this past week. The forecast was good so I was able to take two days off on short notice and focus on completing the dome.

I kept the angle cuts going until I reached the top. Had a heck of a time figuring out how to fill the final course and ended up cutting a bunch of tapered triangles that I managed to fit.

A few brick are inside out (cut surface in) due to cutting errors, I found these hold the mortar and don't clean up as easily. I also didn't do a great job making sure the dome to arch bricks were cut short enough and you can see some of them protruding down through the arch opening. Not enough to restrict the opening, mostly cosmetic issue; If I can get my hands on an angle grinder I'll take off some of the extra

Comment

Re: CVB Oven Build

Congratulations on the dome being completed! The Arch - Dome transition is a bear and most have a fair amount of trouble here, myself included. As long as you can gething a door to fit you're good to go on, any grinding after that, is personal. When you get a bit closer to finishing the brickwork, you could run a light in the dome at night. I wouldn't do it too far out from curing, not that it would hurt, but I don't know that after a week or so of low warm that it would help either. You could also run a small fan to move air around inside the dome, the light would do this anyway.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X