Sydney Construction Has Started!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sydney Construction Has Started!!

Hey champ good luck this weekend take loads of pictures. Are you tapering your bricks?

Comment

No all the cutting I am going to do is halve each brick. The kit already had the door arch bricks cut with a taper to easily form the arch so I figure the less cutting the better. I am suppsed to have started already but I took my daughter to the coffee shop instead. I will get there eventually.

Comment

WooHoo the dome and door arch are done I will post some photos when I get into work on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by JD07 View Post
          WooHoo the dome and door arch are done I will post some photos when I get into work on Monday.
          well done!

Comment

OK so I was wrong about the cutting, man there was brick dust flying everywhere. I ended up cutting heaps of small pieces to fit gaps I am not sure I should have had.

Here are a couple of photo's of how the work progressed.

Last edited by JD07; 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

So I am going to finish of the flue arch and then tile the bench tops this week "hopefully" then I can render the dome so that the render sits on top of the tiles and it will have a nice smooth edge.

Lets see how that goes.

Comment

Well done that looks like a solid WFO!

Comment

Well brick arches are so much harder to cut than I could have imagined, its taken over a week just for this.

The problem was I decided to make the flue arch out of the same brick as the bas and hence it took days cutting and wreaking bricks to get the final batch and then to put them in place,,,,,,

Anyway just the chimney to go and then I can start on the finishing touches.

I ran a tape measure over the dimensions on the weekend and am wondering how my design will be to operate. here are the specs so far.

internal dome 1 meter
                    internal length to where the door will be 1.15 meters
                    lenght from back wall to outside of the Flue arch 1.72 meters
                    Door height 35cm
                    Door width 54 cm
                    Flue arch is a 34.5cm

It seems like this is a long way from the flue arch where you stand to the back of the oven?
                    Last edited by JD07; 09-19-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

We /Have Chimney!!! Plus the benches are tiled. Hopefully this weekend the insulation blanket and the render will be on and I will be cooking by mid Week!!!!

Comment

Well done mate!!!...... yep love the arch work wish I could lay bricks as good as that

regards cobbler dave brisbane Qld
                        Measure twice
                        Cut once
                        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                        My Door
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by JD07 View Post
                          I ran a tape measure over the dimensions on the weekend and am wondering how my design will be to operate. here are the specs so far.

internal dome 1 meter
                          internal length to where the door will be 1.15 meters
                          lenght from back wall to outside of the Flue arch 1.72 meters
                          Door height 35cm
                          Door width 54 cm
                          Flue arch is a 34.5cm

It seems like this is a long way from the flue arch where you stand to the back of the oven?
                          Wow, excellent work, looks fantastic. Your door is slightly bigger than the recommended but only just. Also your Flue arch is probably a bit longer than most, as most people use a half brick for the door seat rather than a full brick and then end up with two brick length for the Flue arch rather than 2 and half.

Looking great tho, and you are blasting through it. Looking forward to seeing the render go on.

Comment

It's been a while since I last jumped on but hey haven't you made progress!!

Looks great. have you also dropped a flue in or just brick work for the flue?

Again luv the colour of the bricks!!

Nearly there bet you can taste that pizza now!!!

cheers
                            John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh didn't get the render done over the weekend so my pizza is being delayed by another week.......

I got the fire blanket and mesh done but fell short of the render.

Comment

Oh I forgot to add that the reason I didn't get the render done was that I was finishing off the deck

Comment

Working...
                                X