Chch NZ build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chch NZ build

EQ's are delaying everything I suspect. Fortunatly my house is pretty good, just minor plaster cracks, completely livable (in NW of city) but my WFO project certainly won't be started until EQC visits & determines what insurance payout will be. In meantime it's save $ & hope.

Comment

Must be... we have cracked cladding. all our jibs cracked in the seems and corners and lost our chimney and in bishopdale. Still we are all good power and a roof with working a sewage system... who would think that would be a luxury ???
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/o...-nz-14012.html

Comment

Stay strong.
        Its strange but after a natural disaster your body clock seems to be reset. Mine is set to Black Saturday when we went through the fires, I relate to things like its been xxx months or years from the fire.

Strange, I have always been a bugger to remember dates and time, but Black Saturday seems to have stuck.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Had my first visit from EQC assessors today. Almost 1yr to day from when the first EQ struck. House in pretty good shape, just cracked gib joints and a few loose bricks. So pretty easy fix stuff. Seemed to indicate I'll have a insurance settlement within a month. Then it's just waiting in the queue for a contractor. Might get to start WFO this summer :-)

Comment

Also just had the EQC visit, probably wont be able to advance the repairs until well after the holidays. Still it is all fairly minor.
            Lokng to resume the WFO project and returning my thoughts to the finish on the dome and connection of the SS chimney.
            I want to get good waterproof finish so i am looking at an acrylic additive ( maybe with colour ).
            I do not have a base plate for the SS chimney so i am trying to resolve how to fix to the vent and still allow for expansion, not least because of the join between the concrete dome and the SS.
            Any thoughts out there?
            I will probably start with something easier for the new build season - the door. Looking at a metal and wood sandwich with insulation between the layers.

Comment

We had our first Fletchers visit a few days ago (following on from EQC visit in Sept). They're pricing it up now, confirming ok with EQC etc now & seems like might have a contractor to do the repairs Feb/March. Even though our damage is minor weems like they'll want our to clear contents completely & move out for a few weeks. So so disruptive.
              Means I won't be making a WFO this summer as will be a lot of finsihing to do once Feltchers contractor has finished as they only repair damage meaning a lot of finishing for me eg. daughters bedroom gets ceiling & one wall fixed & painted while other walls will be left as it so I'll have to paint those.

Comment

Working...
              X