Custom metal stand for WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom metal stand for WFO

I would think at least quarter inch. It would depend on what the scrapyard has in the pile, If I were doing it.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Are you fabricating this yourself? If not, just get whomever is doing the work to tap the holes for you. Easier and faster.

Comment

Splatgirl,

That is a great idea, except I will have to know exactly where i would want the holes. If there is a glue that can be used for the tracks (metal to metal) I will probably go with that. I am having the stand made at a metal shop. Keep the ideas coming. I am still researching things and you are giving me great ideas. I want to have the stand built in the next few weeks.

Scott

Comment

Metal stand almost done!

Comment

Looks very well made!
            I want to do a similar thing to mount a Geodesic oven on. My only change (since my concrete patio may not be that smooth!) would be to put the casters as far outboard as possible. Minimizes any chance of tipping (with this much weight, that IS a concern of mine!). I also got some solid iron wheel casters to use. They each need a rating of approximately half the total weight of what they will hold.
            Good luck and keep the pictures flowing! ps - add one of your structure under the table! Thanks!

Comment

The stand has been powder coated and is in my backyard. Today I did a dry run with the insulation board and floor tiles.

Scott D.

Comment

Pizza oven is on the stand!

Comment

I love this. I am a welder and didn't do the metal stand. I really like the simplicity of the stand. Instead I do the block and mortar. go figure.

Comment

I did the first curing fire today. It went well!

Comment

I started framing the oven today. Hopefully I can get time to do the roof by the end of this week!

Comment

Sjdritz,

I am embarking on my first brick oven a 42" Pompeii. I want to go the metal stand route and make it mobile, I like what you have done, and I wanted to know what type of metal you use for the top, it's thickness and did you glue the FB Board in place? Can you post additional pictures of the structural supports.

Comment

I am almost done with the framing. I did a ruff frame job of the left side of the simulated vent and the landing set up.

Scott D.

Comment

Hi Wesleckner,

The top is 1/8 inch steel plate. I did use liquid nails to glue the insulation to the steel plate before i put the oven on. The reason I did this was because the insulation boards were a little warped, so I glued them down and put weights on them to flatten them. I will try to take some pictures of the structure tomorrow and post them. My welder did not follow my plans exactly, but it turned out super strong the way he did it. I have the FB Premio2G 100 on it, and i figure when i am done it should all weigh about 1700 pounds!

Scott D.

Comment

Second bake in the new oven tonight. The pizza's came out great!

Scott D.

Comment

I got most oven the oven covered with Hardie board today.

Scott D.

Comment

Working...
                                X