X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis
    replied
    Re: Cheesesteak's WFO build - Take Two.

Great Looking Door! Goes perfect with that perfect oven!

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Hi Cheesesteak,
    It looks as if you can still make an insulated door or your present door, by adding a front panel with sandwiched Ceramic board in the middle. You might want to change to two handles, your's looks heavy already.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

Did he get a look at your oven and pargola? Either way the guy is an artist . The heavy timbers + the door: A perfect addition which makes for a great midieval theme.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Yes it is.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

That door is a thing of beauty

Chip

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied

Well - one more addition to the oven - I finally had a door made. I've got someone building a spiral staircase for my home and asked him if he could build me a door. I was going to build one myself - but sold my MIG welder a couple of years ago and just never got around to getting this built.

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

Leave a comment:

• banhxeo76
    replied

Everything looks fantastic! Your patio is like paradise for my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied

With the never ending need for counter space - and storage space - I decided to build more.

I wanted some flexibility to be able to move the work area around - so I built this big (heavy) wooden cart and put it on some industrial (500lb ea) casters. I picked up some butcher block for the counter (I love working with dough on wood) and treated it with oil/beeswax. Made doors on both sides so I've got easy access. I now store all my pans / tools, etc in here. When not needed - I just roll it out of the way. I stained it to match the patio cover.

On to the next project . . .

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied

Originally posted by PizzaIdiot View Post
    It looks awesome! Maybe I can use that as inspiration of finish mine up.

Is the color you chose for your stucco a standard color or did you custom mix it? It's THE color that I imagined to finish mine with. So it was good to see it being used.
    PI -

That color is an Omega color (9201 - Featherly) - available here: Colors and Textures

It has Akrotique applied over the color coat. Same color as my house. I've had several people stop and ask for the name of the color . . .

Laurentius - let me know when you're in town - I'd be happy to host you for a pizza.

Leave a comment:

• PizzaIdiot
    replied

It looks awesome! Maybe I can use that as inspiration of finish mine up.

Is the color you chose for your stucco a standard color or did you custom mix it? It's THE color that I imagined to finish mine with. So it was good to see it being used.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Hi Mr Cheese,

The next time I'm stateside and in LaLa Land, may I drop by for some home cooking and to marvel at your creation? Please, please.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied

gt40 and Laurentius - thank you. It was (and is) a labor of love. I love to complain about the work it took to build (and occasionally about the work it takes to entertain 50 people for an evening) but I really do enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Cheesesteak,

DAMN, NO DOUBLE DAMN! That belong on some isolated paradise island or better yet, at my house.

Leave a comment:

• gt40
    replied

This really came out spectacular

Leave a comment:

Working...
X