Locating the arch????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Locating the arch????

I'd like to thank Cheesecake for starting this thread. You saved me a ton of grief and work. I had not thought about the placement of the arch inside the dome. I only measured the opening and height.

Since reading this post I have re-designed my opening. During the redesign I noticed that the distance of the arch from the center of the oven is dependent on the curve selected. The closer the arch is to the center the wider the horizontal opening which must be compensated by the arch side walls.

I am building a corner oven so my landing will be longer due to the diagonal of my stand so I needed a longer oven landing. In the attached you'll see the two versions of the 44" oven (round and oval). The oval will be more like the Neapolitan style even though the dimensions make it more of a hybrid. Using the oval I have a opening to height ration of .63. The 44" Premio2G has a ratio of .65 so I should be OK. I think I'll cut out some cardboard templates as a double check.

I laid out the floor last weekend and I will start the dome this weekend.

Hopefully all my readings in this forum will help me avoid more major mishaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkey View Post
      I load tested my arch with a bit over 100kg (220 pounds). No problems.

Other than a hemispherical arch being inherently strong I think the arch being tied into the dome well prevents spreading too.

Wow you have a great location for your oven. Do you have any wider angle views of where it is? And how are you planning to finish the exterior?
      Chip
      Last edited by mrchipster; 06-29-2011, 02:30 PM.
      Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
        Wow you have a great location for your oven. Do you have any wider angle views of where it is? And how are you planning to finish the exterior?
        Chip
        Thanks Chip. Here is my build thread.

I keep changing my mind on how I'm going to finish it so I haven't done any work on it for a couple of months but it is cooking great pizza and bread.
        Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

Hello! Is there a Guide, as to how High & Wide, an Oven door should be ? in reference to your oven's Diameter ?

Comment

Have you downloaded the free eplans from Forno Bravo? They provide a good but dated baseline for WFO oven design and function. There is a table that shows the door heights for both low and high dome ovens 36 and 42. Other diameters use a rule of thumb is 63-65% of dome height for arch and width is more builders need and discretion. Down load plans and study it answers bulk of builder's questions
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
            X