42" in Hungary by Slovak guy ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42" in Hungary by Slovak guy

Do you plan to use Silka under the hearth?

Comment

no, Silka is for sound barier.. i will use Ytong Multipor - Ytong Multipor - tepelnoizola?n? dosky

Comment

Wow - several flavors of cal-sil as standard building materials. In the US, for commercial construction, we have duct board for restaurant grease ducts and elevator shafts and the like, and industrial/refractory applications. That's pretty neat!

Comment

what do you mean? You have no ytong-like materials?

Comment

They sell the AAC Hebel blocks, but they're not common here in the northeastern US. The Hebel US site doesn't mention the cal-sil panels/bricks at all.

Comment

some time passed
              and finally started to make updates
              Asphalt insulation on the bottom

Comment

Been a long time Alex, looks like you are going again. Base and hearth look great.
                Russell
                Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hello,

curious what you are going to put on the Ytong walls. I wanted to do the same as you but when talking to Ytong (Xella in the Netherlands) they said they do not like it to be used outside. Ytong blocks degrade if they get wet for a long time. I now bumped into your thread and also seen the video you referenced when they were building a BBQ. All applications for outside...

So I am curious how you solve that problem.

tia

Comment

I am 6' tall I went a little taller I'm happy with it it's 40" high actually 2" shorter would be perfect

Comment

i will finish exterior as a ytong house, with net, baumit and Caparol exterior waterproof plaster.
                      i will update some photos

Comment

Thanks for the info. After posting my question I realized that I had a somewhat different build in mind when I talked to the Ytong guys. I also wanted to use it to build "under ground". I would pour concrete below ground level and build upon that leaving me with my Ytong being partialy underground. That was something they did not like at all. Since they build complete houses out of Ytong you seem to be an a very good way.

gl with the build !

Comment

Beleive me or not but im doing progress, and not only the oven

Comment

but back to oven.
                            Used Rath mortar (25EUR/pcs)

One question, where is better to put a chimney, closer to the oven part , in the middle of the entrance or closer to the opening?
                            Thanks

Comment

I would suggest the middle of the arch; too close to the door and smoke might pour out the front; to close to the oven and potential for excessive heat loss may exist, though in reality that is one long arch and it probably wouldn't matter either way! Better get long-handled peels The little house turned out very well!

Comment

Will put in in the middle then, thank you
                                Little house is a terasse with small room for mothers and kids when it is cold

Comment

Working...
                                X