• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Re: Mississippi 44"

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.
    Thanks for the advice Stonecutter,
    But, I think that I can heat the neck of my mortar hoe and straighten it out without breaking it. I have recently reinstated my walking stick"a (9 and 1/2 " Ruger Black Hawk) as my current weapon of choice for critters . In my hand, at close range, it feels like it is a handle and a half longer than a hoe .

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

That must have been a junky mortar hoe from harbor freight. Get one of these for mortar and one of these for snakes.....problem solved.
    Well actually Stonecutter,
    I had not even heard of Harbor Freight when I bought that ho. But I've picked up a couple of cheaper ones since then that I would just as soon that my wife did not find out about .

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

That must have been a junky mortar hoe from harbor freight. Get one of these for mortar and one of these for snakes.....problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
    What type of Rattler is that? I was going to say, Diamond back, but its not.
    Eastern Diamond Back, Timber Rattler, and Ground Rattler are all found in South Mississippi. The markings don't exactly match any of the them, though it did have five rattles and a button . In this ones present "state" we just call it a "good" snake.

Leave a comment:

• GIANLUCA
    replied

holy !@#@!%$# we dont have those rodents here!! good luck

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

What type of Rattler is that? I was going to say, Diamond back, but its not.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Yikes, but one good thing, fire up the oven, "taste like chicken"

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

That has been a good mortar hoe .

I guess, I hit him to hard .

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    Thanks ya'll, for pics. I'll try and post an update for the first vine ripe. I think it will be fun to update the family pictures from time to time.
    You got it, wallet photos to come.
    Last edited by mrchipster; 07-06-2013, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Thanks ya'll, for pics. I'll try and post an update for the first vine ripe. I think it will be fun to update the family pictures from time to time.

Russell,
    Thanks for the pic of the dome vent. I hope it works for you like it has for me.

I'm curious, are you trying to replicate the volcanic soil too? The mineral content will have a lot to do with how these taste in the end.
    Stonecutter,
    I can't speak for the whole family. I've read about how the volcanic ash is the secret to the success of the San Marzano tomatoes. I can't duplicate that down here naturally. But, the southern sisters will be raised on what I do have access to: chicken sht and copious amounts of Dihydrogen Monoxide .

I don't know if it will work but, that makes a great tasting Marion mater .
    Last edited by Gulf; 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

I'm curious, are you trying to replicate the volcanic soil too? The mineral content will have a lot to do with how these taste in the end.

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Their twin sisters here in Utah have little San Marzano babies.
    And their six northern cousins in Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Their twin sisters here in Utah have little San Marzano babies. Proud daddy's Mr. Chip) showing off their kids. Gulf, finally added bushing for my vent breather you sent me.
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 07-06-2013, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Not much to report for the last several weeks. (Work, family etc.) But, this is "ground breaking for me": The first blooms from my San Marzano tomatoes. A little late for South Mississippi but, should be a nice, late summer or early fall treat

Thank's Russell

Leave a comment:

Working...
X