X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudologist
    replied
    Re: 36" or 42"

I've tried all heights and ratios, they all work, I now go 18" wide, 10 1/2" high on the door, and 16" or less on the dome hieght. Don't worry or over think it.., listen to the bricks... It takes me about 10 hours to build one.

Leave a comment:

• ATK406
    replied

I think the information you are looking for can be found with this link to a sticky under the Pompeii Oven Construction heading "Oven Opening size".

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/o...-size-692.html

This is my first attempt at linking so I hope it works.

AT

Leave a comment:

• K79
    replied

Originally posted by ATK406 View Post
    I think the number you are looking for is 63% not 66.7% but given the "science" behind that figure or lack there of, that is really splitting hairs.

Regards,
    AT
    Ok, is it 63% or 66.7%

Leave a comment:

• Mudologist
    replied

I've built all sizes. Ive made a 40" oven my go to size recommendation for home use. 36" is tight feeling. I built a 42" at my own house.., my new favorite is to slightly ovalize an oven . Make it 40" wide x 44" long. It gives room to put the fire in the back, and you have a lot of usable floor space.

Leave a comment:

• Wesleckner
    replied

Hi K79

I built a 42" oven using the fb kit, with a door 20" wide and 12.5" high, the arch is not real steep it starts at about 10" on the sides. The opening is big enough for a lb turkey. The dome hight is 21"

I don't use all the 42" floor to often but I like having the extra space when I roast and smoke meats. I find it difficult to cook more than 3 pizza at a time unless I have a helper spinning out the doughs for me.

A 36-39" oven heats up faster and use less wood, but I like watching the fire so I don't mind burning the extra wood.

Good luck with your build.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by K79 View Post
    Any way to get a look at that spreadsheet
    Check out the post linked through my sig below
    |
    V

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by SCChris View Post
    That's the way I understand it..

Best to you!

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by ATK406 View Post
    I think the number you are looking for is 63% not 66.7% but given the "science" behind that figure or lack there of, that is really splitting hairs.

Regards,
    AT

Lol ya sometimes keeping it simple and just getting it done is the right way. I think we stress to much about the finer details, atleast that's my case.

Leave a comment:

• ATK406
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    So the more important part is making sure the door height is the correct .667% so it draws correctly?

Regards,
    AT

Leave a comment:

• SCChris
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    So the more important part is making sure the door height is the correct .667% so it draws correctly? and not so much the width of the door opening?
    That's the way I understand it..

Best to you!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

I don't know of any real rules regarding the width of the door. I think what you want is something wide enough to access every part of the oven interior without too much difficulty. The downside of too much width is keeping the heat in the oven and of course in extreme supporting the dome. I think you'll be fine with 18" to 20". You won't likely be building 16" pizzas, but it might be your standard..

One of the most difficult parts of the build is trying to anticipate what you need then deciding and committing.

Read.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...our-12453.html

This thread is very helpful and will help with your design and build.

Chris

Thank you, i read that thread but ill go thru it again. I think i will just do that. So the more important part is making sure the door height is the correct .667% so it draws correctly? and not so much the width of the door opening? Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• SCChris
    replied

I don't know of any real rules regarding the width of the door. I think what you want is something wide enough to access every part of the oven interior without too much difficulty. The downside of too much width is keeping the heat in the oven and of course in extreme supporting the dome. I think you'll be fine with 18" to 20". You won't likely be building 16" pizzas, but it might be your standard..

One of the most difficult parts of the build is trying to anticipate what you need then deciding and committing.

Read.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...our-12453.html

This thread is very helpful and will help with your design and build.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

V-wiz, I don't remember what the plans show as a door width. My 43 has a 20 inch wide doorway.

Chris

For a 42" oven it states 20" in width. So for a 2" smaller oven it may change?

Leave a comment:

• SCChris
    replied

V-wiz, I don't remember what the plans show as a door width. My 43 has a 20 inch wide doorway.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Im in the same boat. I also plan on building a 40" oven. So it seems like 20" interior height. 20" door opening width and 13.34" door width. Sound right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X