X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david s
    replied
    Re: Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

I prefer roast goat to lamb, but that is probably a "bone of contention".

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

The answer could be in the tails! Unless tails have been docked, a goat has a very different tail. Bit hard to incorporate that test into the "What Kind of Roast Meat is That?" roasters guide to meat identification.

I suppose this conversation is vaguely related to fireclay, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• wotavidone
    replied

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    The rabbits have the flat rib bones and the cats the oval ones. Works the same for sheep and goats.

They are all tasty. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve.
    Didn't notice the sheep/goat thing. I'm going to take notice now you mention it. All those hobby farmers raising those Damara "sheep" - I swear those things have goat's eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

The only different most city dwellers under the age of 45 can tell of a bone is "thats a big bone and thats a little bone.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

I suspect that there is a level where the observation is made by the minds eye. But you may be onto the reason for the different shapes of rib bones, a blind man would not be able to see the goat hair on the lamb roast but he can feel the bone.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Does that means a blind man never grieve?

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

The rabbits have the flat rib bones and the cats the oval ones. Works the same for sheep and goats.

They are all tasty. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve.

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteVB
    replied

That is the clay I used in my mix

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Cantonese feline stir fry with lobster sauce? Yummy!

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Yes, as he acknowledged, a major brain infarction. Although that is an unlikely cause of the idea,
    I know....I was being facetious. Plus everyone knows cats are delicious.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Lol at some of these commnets. Rabbit shmabit... Give me a damn boar so i can stuff it in my oven...

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

In France, markets that sells game are required by law to leave the feet and a turf of fur intact, so people know what they're buying. During the war many, many cats became rabbits. Seems, like everything wants to change its identity.

Leave a comment:

• wotavidone
    replied

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
    Thanks V,
    A major brain infarction on my part. Without insulation your effort is a waste of your precious time and money. Thank god for the active and informative mines on the forum. Remember, there are more than one way to skin a cat! But what do you do with a skinned cat? Cover it in rosemary and red wine and bake it in your over and offer it to the neighbors that complains of a little smoke, that will bring them around and you will have a devious secret. hehehehhehehheheheheh
    When I was young, a long time ago, you could walk up the street of my home town with a wheat bag full of rabbit traps. If the local copper came along, instead of a lecture about animal cruelty, the RSPCA always prosecutes and the fine is $1000 per trap, never mind you are doing the farmers a big favour keeping the feral rabbit population down, he'd say "Don't forget me if you get a few boys".
    Of course, this really was the good ol' days. If we were walking up the road with our rifles, the conversation was much the same except he might instruct us to not load them until we were out of town.
    Know why kids today are always in trouble? Coz we've made perfectly normal young men's pursuits illegal and immoral.

Anyway, way back then we discovered that the only visible difference between a skun feral cat and a skun big rabbit is that one has flat ribs, the other round. If only I could remember which is which.
    I never did it myself, of course, I wanted the repeat business. Can't vouch for the kids on the other side of the tracks though. No, really, they weren't some sort of hicks, they really did live on the other side of the railway line.
    Last edited by wotavidone; 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    You are just reinforcing an old stereotype with that suggestion.
    Yes, as he acknowledged, a major brain infarction. Although that is an unlikely cause of the idea,
    Last edited by david s; 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    I agree, Ill start with 2 for now. Thanks
    Two, is probably all that you will ever need since you switched to 27% alumina .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X