• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-wiz
    replied
    Re: Concerning Fire Clay & FireBricks

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    I would, that is pretty cheap by diamond blade standards....plus I come from the 2 is 1 and 1 is 0 school of thought. If something happens to one blade at least you have a spare.
    I agree, Ill start with 2 for now. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    vwiz,
    Aren't you using super duty bricks? I'm not sure one or two will get it done but you never know. You get a feel when you start cutting. I went through a bakers dozen on my high duty high alumina bricks.
    Hey Russ, no i decided that they were not suitable for me. I got Muddox bricks that are 27% Alumina, i think that would work better for me. I just picked them up this afternoon, ill update my thread.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

vwiz,
    Aren't you using super duty bricks? I'm not sure one or two will get it done but you never know. You get a feel when you start cutting. I went through a bakers dozen on my high duty high alumina bricks.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    Lol, i hope i dont have to worry about neighbors, i can offer some pizza, im cool with that.

It seems like i should get one of those MK blades, would one blade get me thru 250 bricks? or should i get two blades.
    I would, that is pretty cheap by diamond blade standards....plus I come from the 2 is 1 and 1 is 0 school of thought. If something happens to one blade at least you have a spare.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Lol, i hope i dont have to worry about neighbors, i can offer some pizza, im cool with that.

It seems like i should get one of those MK blades, would one blade get me thru 250 bricks? or should i get two blades.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
    The MK is a decent blade for the money.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
    .... But what do you do with a skinned cat? Cover it in rosemary and red wine and bake it in your over and offer it to the neighbors that complains of a little smoke, that will bring them around and you will have a devious secret. hehehehhehehheheheheh
    You are just reinforcing an old stereotype with that suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Thanks V,
    A major brain infarction on my part. Without insulation your effort is a waste of your precious time and money. Thank god for the active and informative mines on the forum. Remember, there are more than one way to skin a cat! But what do you do with a skinned cat? Cover it in rosemary and red wine and bake it in your over and offer it to the neighbors that complains of a little smoke, that will bring them around and you will have a devious secret. hehehehhehehheheheheh

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

You forgot insulation....

Ya really

Is this a good deal? or a good blade

http://www.amazon.com/MK-Diamond-159...mond+saw+blade

or this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-DB1041...item4d011b3dff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-PREMIU...item53f53f2db2
    Last edited by V-wiz; 03-01-2013, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Clay, straw, water, casted cement, big green egg? Get started!

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Thanks David, i think i should be ok with these. At this point im sick and tired of hearing the words Alumina, sand, cement etc. lol. I JUST WANT TO START BUILDING MY OVEN.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

In Australia the bricklayers clay that is sold for that purpose is not fireclay. It only contains around 10% alumina. A true fireclay as supplied by a refractory supplier is high in alumina and designed for high temperature use, and way more expensive than the cheap bricklayers clay. However, because we only fire to around 500C probably any powdered clay should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Good to know Russell thanks.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

I used this exact product and like Tscar mentioned it is fire clay. I have a msds for this product. I'm traveling and can send later if u need it
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    I couldn't find any data about it at their website, but it looks like fire clay (not refractory cement).
    Thanks for looking into it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X