X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deejayoh
    replied
    Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Wow! That is quite the setup. What are you using to read the temps? Looks like a PID controller. Is it?

Seems like it's a passive/reactive temp reading setup - not sure how you'll use it to control temps - but I look forward to hearing what you're thinking about.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

I was able to get my temperature monitoring system up and running over the weekend. Attached are a few pics to show some detail. The temperature controller is mounted in a swing out configuration that can be neatly tuck away to preserve ambiance and satisfy a few critics. I still need to finish the aux jacks and put on the permanent switch location labels and face plate. My final plan is to use the output of the controller to some how control oven temp. If anyone would like some further detail or has any questions ask I will try to help.

Here are my locations:

1 Enclosure top outside insulation air space
    2 Top of dome inside brick, 1" from face
    3 Top of dome on outside brick face
    4 Right side mid dome inside 1" from brick face
    5 Right side mid dome on outside brick face
    6 Floor right on outside brick face
    7 Floor center on outside brick face
    8 Left side mid dome inside 1" from brick face
    9 Left side mid dome on outside brick face
    10 Aux 1 temperature jack
    11 Aux 2 temperature jack
    Last edited by kbartman; 04-01-2014, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

It makes no difference to me what you choose. The same if advice is taken or not....you know what they say about opinions anyway.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    I didn't say we went and spent that, just that she want to. All I can say is that someone is not getting their way.
    I had to edit that last post my, proof reading sticks.....now you can all see why its taking me so long: many mistakes.

Agreed, if momma ain't happy nobody is.............I have to say momma may not be happy, but I'm pretty sure stonecutter's going to be upset that I choose a different solution other then the expensive clay pot. I'll post my solution when I get a chance, pretty sure it will make me happy anyhow .

Leave a comment:

• kanoer54
    replied

KB,
    You have done a GREAT job on your build. I have been following your build from early on. I am quite overwhelmed on your perseverance on details and technique of design. Great job. Whatever you do on your chimney should not affect how your pizza or other foods cook or how they taste. Do what you want or need to do. If, if the future you are not happy with the chimney you can always change it.

Keep posting pics!!!
    jon

PS: patio furniture is non-consequential to how good food from a WFO is.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Isn't that the truth!

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

I did say we went spent that, just that she want to. All I can say is that someone is not getting their way.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    Not really, you're doing that just fine without me...Mr 8k on patio furniture.
    I didn't say we went and spent that, just that she want to. All I can say is that someone is not getting their way.
    Last edited by kbartman; 03-10-2014, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

You love to spend my money don't ya? .........Wonder how much that will cost..?
    Not really, you're doing that just fine without me...Mr 8k on patio furniture.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

You could always get sheet copper and fabricate one.
    You love to spend my money don't ya? .........Wonder how much that will cost..?

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

You could always get sheet copper and fabricate one.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    Wrap the SS Flue in 1/2 inch ceramic blanket.......

It might look real nice. Just a thought.
    Thanks Chip, sounds like a viable idea. I would need to fabricate it on the ground no sure how much it would weigh though. May be difficult to set in place.

This being all strictly aesthetic opinions, and you did ask, so.....

If you are trying to stay true to an overall feel and design continuity .......

Personally, I like the Mediterranean for your oven, though I would apply a gloss enhancing sealer to make it look glazed. Chimney Pot Shoppe.

They are not cheap, but a good chimney pot should last a lifetime.
    SC thanks,
    I like the pot you suggested and agree with the look, although it would not fit the 8x18 flue of mine. There are not many option in that size..

I'm getting a price on this: Chimney Pot Shoppe. Cheap their not.........I think that one might work, although there might not be much money left when the wife finishes here shopping.............. I gave the old patio furniture to the in laws with out pricing replacements....oops...... 8000 to 9000 K to replace................. I did not realize the good stuff costs$$$$

Originally posted by kanoer54 View Post
    Chip's idea is a great idea to help tie everything in together. IMHO, the metal cap shape helps tie in the lower angles in with the whole build, where as the clay tile shape seems a little out of place. If you want to have less work at that height, consider painting it the metal cap the same color as your stucco....to help tie the metal cap in to the base.

jon
    Thanks jon,

Your idea may win out. The cheapest easiest and quickest. A least for a time being. I need to get my oven fired back up......I'm suffering from withdraws

I think I will a least start with dulling the shiny with some bead blasting. That should help the paint adhere if I so desire to paint. Then decide if a high heat paint is a option, the high heat white may not match. Black ???? naaaa.

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Stainless won't stay shiny. It may take 12 months or so, but it will turn a kind of pewter grey with a brown tinge. Paint it if you don't like the colour, or don't want to wait to see what colour it turns out to be.
    Thanks David, I really don't want to paint it. I think my bead blasting will speed the process. Maybe if I glue my decorative tile in the center of it, that may tie it all together. It's worth a try, and I can get my oven fired back soon. It will also leave all the other options open and give my time to justify a expenve pot.

I wish I could photo shop these ideas on to my pictures, then I could get a idea before I did any more work. I'm about wore out and ready to relax and cook..

Thanks again all

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Flue tiles are meant as a liner and are subject to cracking because thet're thin if exposed to cold temperatures on the outside.
    He's in FLA, a clay flue would last a long time down there...not that he should use one though.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Flue tiles are meant as a liner and are subject to cracking because thet're thin if exposed to cold temperatures on the outside. You may get away with it because it's so far away from the fire.
    Stainless won't stay shiny. It may take 12 months or so, but it will turn a kind of pewter grey with a brown tinge. Paint it if you don't like the colour, or don't want to wait to see what colour it turns out to be.

Leave a comment:

• kanoer54
    replied

Chip's idea is a great idea to help tie everything in together. IMHO, the metal cap shape helps tie in the lower angles in with the whole build, where as the clay tile shape seems a little out of place. If you want to have less work at that height, consider painting it the metal cap the same color as your stucco....to help tie the metal cap in to the base.

jon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X