• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kbartman
    replied
    Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Good looking chops and nice job repurposing the old BBQ grills to make a Tuscan grill. Know what you mean about finishing the oven after it is functional. I'm still dragging a#$ of finishing mine.
    The chops were excellent. Did some burgers this past evening. I made a mess with all the grease on the hearth in the vent area . Anyone know what the best way to clean up the bricks? I tried placing some hot coal there for awhile, but it didn't seem to do much.

Utah,
    How is the sheet metal practice going. Have you moved on to the copper yet?

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Good looking chops and nice job repurposing the old BBQ grills to make a Tuscan grill. Know what you mean about finishing the oven after it is functional. I'm still dragging a#$ of finishing mine.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

My procrastination has pushed my build thread off the first page. Warning to those whom have not fired there oven's yet. I'm know I'm not the first to mention this but it's true. Progress slows when your have a working oven.

It's doesn't help when the parents decide to become snow birds and take up residence to get out of the Ohio cold. I love having them and we are enjoying the cooler nights here in Florida around the oven. We roasted marshmallows last night, the daughter has been asking for a while, she was happy camper last night.

Cooked some pork chops with my newly fashioned grill grates. I'm not sure were I seen the idea of the carriage bolts thru a salvaged grates. It's sure worked great. I put together two, I may fashion a third. The smaller size makes maneuvering and tending the fire easy.

Leave a comment:

• hodgey1
    replied

Pizzas look great Bartman. No leftovers is always a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

It is a bit of a steep learning curve at the start but I don't recall anyone saying that their first attempt hit the bin.

Those look pretty good to me, no leftovers is a good sign and since they are genuine they would have to be better than the franchise offering.

You now have the benchmark. Congratulations and good luck with the development program.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    as I recall Brickie called one of them "real ugly" or something similar he even wanted to make an ugly pie hall of shame...
    Me? Would I do that?

Leave a comment:

• mrchipster
    replied

Those look a lot better than my first few pies, as I recall Brickie called one of them "real ugly" or something similar he even wanted to make an ugly pie hall of shame...

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Cooked my first successful pies today. I think I had the oven a little to hot. Better luck next time . I look forward to many more as I perfect the process. I cooked three.........no leftovers, that must mean I did ok.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by Grtiz View Post
    Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.
    No optical illusion, although in the picture the flashing had not been installed yet. The flashing has since been installed and attached to the wall. The flashing ends at the roof line with a kick out bend/cut on the flashing. The stucco on the chimney will terminate by over lapping the flashing 2 inches with roofing felt and metal lath with a weep edge. I think the is the proper way to end the stucco /flashing. I will take some picture this evening. Attached are the pictures I believe are the area of your concern. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Grtiz
    replied

Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Try this.
    Thanks Brickie I'll go give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Try this.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    The ridge flashing should go first.
    Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.
    Thanks Brickie,
    But I'm still not seeing it. I look for this on you tube. Couldn't find anything. I'm a very pictorial person on figuring out things, please bare with me. If I can see it I can do it.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

The ridge flashing should go first.
    Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Getting close to getting her dried in on the rear........... I'm trying to wrap my hands around the flashing on the ridge and terminating the wall flashing. Any ideas on how to finish the ridge and some kind of kick out flashing were the wall flashing terminates? I'm not shore how to cut and end these to get the best water tight seal. Any suggestion's and or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X