replied
    Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

yippy yi ho

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Add an engraved heart to the plug and your will be golden with Julie...............She will be peeking inside the dome everytime it clears. Nice work
    I plugged her today...... I took your advice Utah I'm golden. I used a three piece plug like yours Utah. Let the celebration begin?????.I?ll set the upper two pieces tomorrow. Thanks all for your support.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    Thanks Guys,
    I was thinking this thread was the usual..........

Any way I'm thinking of buying this IR thermometer??..I need everyone?s opinion. Do you like it? Is the range high enough? If you know of a better one or better deal post the address, thanks all.

THERMO TECH Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer w/ FREE Holster (-58? To +1022? F)
    Specs are good with max temp over 1000 f and spot ratio 12:1. Don't know brand but reviews on site are all positive.

It's a few bucks cheaper at amazon.
    ThermoTech TT1022 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Laser Tempature Thermometer - Amazon.com

This one has similar specs but much cheaper.

BAFX Products Non Contact Infrared (IR) Thermometer Range of -58F to 1, 022F Includes Battery: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by dusty View Post
    Wow,
    I haven't been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a thread this long! You must be doing something right!!!

dusty
    Originally posted by chirobuggy View Post
    It is a long thread but a good one! Im taking notes as I am still in the first legs of the journey.
    Thanks Guys,
    I was thinking this thread was the usual..........

Any way I'm thinking of buying this IR thermometer??..I need everyone?s opinion. Do you like it? Is the range high enough? If you know of a better one or better deal post the address, thanks all.

THERMO TECH Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer w/ FREE Holster (-58? To +1022? F)

Leave a comment:

• chirobuggy
    replied

It is a long thread but a good one! Im taking notes as I am still in the first legs of the journey.

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Wow,
    I haven't been around for awhile but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a thread this long! You must be doing something right!!!

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Bruce,
    Your build is an inspiration to me and others, keep up the good work. I think the biggest challenge is keeping each course as level and concentric and you are able. I think it helped simplify the upper courses and dome closing. I used a 1X2 stick that I cut and sanded to a point to check each course height. The point easily pushed thru any soft mortar on plywood floor. I marked a line on the stick at the inside top edge of brick, after I set the first few bricks of each course. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing year next pictures and dome closing.
    Thanks for the support. I really like the idea of the stick to keep the bricks level. It certainly is motivating as the dome takes shape and starts to close. Bruce

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Originally posted by CSpringsOven View Post
    Bartman, I saw some sketches (I recall) on how you want to finish your enclosure, do you have any final drawings/ideas?

I might be in the market for a few ideas of my enclosure.
    Dana,
    Haven?t finalized the enclosure plans, still teetering on the chimney, real brick or faux stucco. I guess I need to get the ironed out soon. My biggest concern with the real brick chimney, is keeping the water out. As tropical as it is here in Florida, keeping my oven and insulation dry, I believe is going to be an ongoing issue. My insulation is still wet from the soaking, I have had heat lamps below the hearth for quite a while and it is not drying out. I think a brick chimney maybe a challenge to keep it dry. I hope I?m able to get it dried out and keep it that way.

Originally posted by Bec1208 View Post
    Kbartman, great looking build. My dome in building up and curious if you have any advice on the upper courses? Bruce
    Bruce,
    Your build is an inspiration to me and others, keep up the good work. I think the biggest challenge is keeping each course as level and concentric and you are able. I think it helped simplify the upper courses and dome closing. I used a 1X2 stick that I cut and sanded to a point to check each course height. The point easily pushed thru any soft mortar on plywood floor. I marked a line on the stick at the inside top edge of brick, after I set the first few bricks of each course. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing year next pictures and dome closing.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Thanks guys hope to plug her soon............The oven....Bruce just mortar on upper dome
    Kbartman, great looking build. My dome in building up and curious if you have any advice on the upper courses? Bruce

Leave a comment:

• CSpringsOven
    replied

Bartman, I saw some sketches (I recall) on how you want to finish your enclosure, do you have any final drawings/ideas?

I might be in the market for a few ideas of my enclosure.

Leave a comment:

• kbartman
    replied

Thanks guys hope to plug her soon............The oven....Bruce just mortar on upper dome

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Add an engraved heart to the plug and your will be golden with Julie...............She will be peeking inside the dome everytime it clears. Nice work
    Unless, of course, her name isn't Julie

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    replied

Looks great. What did you use to render the upper part of the dome?

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X