• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCMan
    replied
    Re: Ash dump installs

Originally posted by runningfromseptember View Post
    Could I get in on that too? I've been throwing that idea around too. It would be nice to see how it has been done. I like the idea of the cleanout being on the side too. Thanks!
    Sure. Just PM me your email and I'll send you a couple pics.

Leave a comment:

• runningfromseptember
    replied

Could I get in on that too? I've been throwing that idea around too. It would be nice to see how it has been done. I like the idea of the cleanout being on the side too. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied

I came across a WFO plan just the other day that incorporates a slot to scrape ashes, etc. into. It is located outside of the oven, behind where the door is located, so I don't think it would interfere w/either fresh air intake or heat loss. It also suggests making a cover for it when not in use. The cleanout for the ashes is actually on the side of the foundation, which I thought was a plus. If you want info, I could email you what info I have. I think it's a neat idea, but certainly not a necessity, rather a feature of convenience for the user. I plan to use it when I start my WFO soon.

Leave a comment:

• Campmaki
    started a topic Ash dump installs

Ash dump installs

Hello pizza people , has anyone installed an ash dump in their firebrick floor? I realize there is going to be heat lose coupled with the fact ,it would need to be placed out of the way of both fire and cooking area. Just seems like the space below could be partitioned off, 8 in. block, and you would have a ash pit, wood box combo. Wondering really about the heat loss this would cause? Would leave a brick out for a hole to sweep ashes into. Hole would be covered when cooking. Also this hole could be used for additional "fresh air" to stoke the fire as in fireplaces I have built. Any thoughts would be great.
Working...
X