Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 cm oven build, Sweden

Originally posted by ugnsnisse View Post
    Ok I will try that approach. Though I thought that it was good to leave the surface as rough as possible for the next layer.
    You can still scratch the surface lightly between coats, if you want to. But, you will probably not be as fast as a pro, so you may have to resort to imbedding nails into a homemade tool. Also, if you do scratch on a dry or simi-dry surface remove any loose material before applying the next coat. If you skip the scratch coat, don't skip the acrylic fortifier.

You can also skip the sponge step if you want. But, the sponge step works very well at evening flat surfaces or contours. When I did my dome, I was trying to "marry" techniques from two or three different trades that I have a had a "little" experience in. Though, I assure you, I am a master of none of them .

just sayin' .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Got the platform and a benchtop with rustic legs in place. The weather has turned into typical swedish summer so the rendering will have to wait.
      Let's keep it metric

Comment

We held a little party here this friday with people from work, baked maybe 20 pizzas in quick succession. One of the guys turned out to be an ex pizzabaker so he took full responsibility for preparation.
        The dough had spent the night in the fridge and was pretty OK to work with but got so much better the day after (there was some dough left over, not everyone wanted 3 pizzas each).

The tools I've come to use is an aluminium peel, really nice and slippery, no problem to get it under the pizza. The round thing is steel and I went down from 1.0mm to 0.7mm and that made a lot of difference in bendability.

The brush isnt impressive in that it could use some more bristles and it could be brass (is steel). Next step is to add another brush to the handle to get work done faster. It catches fire before the floor is swept in current config.
        Let's keep it metric

Comment

Working...
        X