Vermic and type N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermic and type N

Working my way through the enttry arch shown in attachment here and planning the transiton to chimney.
    My question is after anchor plate is mortared in place and I screw my stainless stack to anchor plate I am not sure about how to transition between my vermiculite concrete and (type N mortar that will hold my small stones that will face the oven). Can I bring both of the vermic concrete and type N mortar up to and touching the stainless stack?
    Should I leave a bit of a space and fill in with a high heat silicone or something? ....thanks wayne
    see below for my oven album of progress to date

http://picasaweb.google.com/wayneber...PizzaOvenWorld

Re: Vermic and type N

Wayne, I can't say I did it the right way or wrong way, but I ran it right up to the Simpson pipe. Then placed my mosaic tile on its own mortar bed on top of the type N.
    I did have a thin crack appear this summer about 4" long around the pipe. I carved it out, refilled it with mortar and all has been good since. If it reappears I may go with the high temp furnace caulk.

RT

Comment

Re: Vermic and type N

One other thing, do your best to keep all mortar off of that nicely polished pipe. Type N really sticks well to everything - including stainless. I left a couple of dabs harden on the pipe, had to rub and rub and scrub to get it off - and it left scratches

RT

Comment

Working...
      X