Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexman
    replied
    I'm the person that added the gas burner to my Pompeii oven and love it. I have a pizza party at my home about every two weeks for 6 guests (over 100 people total) and not a one can tell the difference in taste between the wood and gas. My oven will get to 900 degrees in about 45 minutes.
    What I like most about it is when I'm testing a new dough and want to bake only one pizza, I turn the oven on and take the dough ball out of the fridge at the same time. In 45 min to an hour, bake it, turn the oven off and go eat the pizza.
    No fuss, no clean up and I find that I use the oven 2-3 times more.

Leave a comment:

• Larry P
    replied
    No experience personally, but there is a fellow on pizza making forums who converted a Forno Bravo oven to gas using this burner, with good results: http://www.belforno.com/pizza-oven-gas-burner/

Leave a comment:

• George Burman
    replied
    I apologize for the errors in my post. It should have said "...where we can't build or use..."

Leave a comment:

• George Burman
    started a topic Gas fired Pompeii Oven?

Gas fired Pompeii Oven?

Does anyone have a gas burner for a Pompeii oven.

experience installing a gas burner in a Pompeii oven? I live in the California Central Valley (Fresno) where we can build or use wood fired anything. I would appreciate any experience or tips any of you might have in selecting, installing and using a gas burner in a Pompeii. Thanks, George
Working...
X