Attaching Chimney to Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching Chimney to Oven

My actual oven has been built for a while. I now need to add the metal chimney and then finish the exterior. Does anyone have advice on where to buy the chimney pieces and how to attach them to the brick?

Utah? Any place that sells wood stoves will carry vent pipe. Lots of choices. They make an anchoring plate that attaches to the masonry and accepts the metal pipe. There are a number of ways to do this.
    The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

David, if you post some pictures of what you have built to date and thoughts as to what you are going to do with the pipe after it leaves the chimney (through roof etc) the folks here could probably give you some more detailed answers.
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

I just got mine at northlineexpress.com Pretty spendy to buy the good stainless stuff, but should be worth it in the long run.

Comment

Are you sure you are not from Ohio? The dave wilcox I know is from ohio and knows how to attach a vent...must be two of you...what kind of whiskey do you drink?
          The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

I found used 6" double-wall stainless insulated chimney on Craigslist for a song. I bought my mounting hardware from Amazon. I would not have needed to buy double-wall stainless since it's an outdoor igloo installation, but since I found some cheap, I figured it would be worthwhile.
            George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

I bought through ventingpipe.com, the prices were reasonable and shipping was free. 10% off pipe.

8" double walled stainless pipe, 48", $160
              8" anchor plate, $50
              8" cap with spark screen, stainless steel, $80

All made it to my front porch via UPS in pristine shape. Not a single ding, bend, or dent. An unexpected surprise.

Probably won't need the cap, but ordered it just in case.

The anchor plate can be bedded in mortar or sealant and then fastened with tapcons. Pipe connects to the anchor plate with a twist.

Mongo

My Build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-42-ct-build

Comment

Working...
              X