Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chach
    replied
    Unfortunatley, no I received the pieces but was decideing whether tonuse them or do it differently...Now that its snowing im sure ill be leaving this until spring. I have the roof all tarped up but easy to pull back from the chimney if i want to use the oven. on the other hand I did cook a turkey in there and it was pretty damn good. I sourced all the stainless for my door and a friend is welding it all together for me and it will contain 4" of calsil board. Im very disappointed that I did not get the roof on but on the other hand I rather not rushbit if im not happy with something as I want it to look right. If we get a breaknin the weather I might just do it but we will see.

How is your addition/remodel going? When you starting the new oven?

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Its been a month any progress? I know this is a hard time to get anything done, but just curious.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    New company I found will have my pieces done either Friday or Monday so hopefully I can get this thing buttoned up.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    RandyJ No I wish. The guy I was using to make my radius trim and drip edge was jerking me around so I ended up telling him forget it. I ended up finding another local company which is an architectural metal company that fabricates all types of different products for facias drip edge and commercial Window framing and all types of things and they are helping me out I just got the estimate back today looks good and hopefully can make these products very soon.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Have you gotten the roof on it yet? Winter is closing in fast. I hope you can have it done before it snows to much.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    cbailey I really appreciate that. I will update my album soon just been crazy. trying to find someone to male these curved trim pieces is becoming a pain but hopefully soon I can roof it.

Leave a comment:

• cbailey
    replied
    Chach,

Your build looks fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Well time is hard to find these days but I was able to build my soffits around my roof...Ice and water shield is installed on the chimney then cement board over that. Just waiting for my facia guy to come measure for my radius trim amd facia so he can fabricate them. I have all my roof materials...hopefully in a week or 2 the roof will be done and all i have to worry about is finish stoning the enclosure...probably in the spring.
    Last edited by Chach; 10-17-2019, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    It is funny that we both overbuilt in the same manner. My top slab is 6" and the base is 12"+ around the edge a foot in and 6-7" for the rest and all 1/2 " rebar 8" on center.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    I had the same thought as wellwhen i finally finished my oven. Between the vermiculite and how the base is all tied together with rebar and in some places the concrete was 14" thick. And most of the cores were filled and had rebar in them and all was bent and tied together. Pretty sure that base will take a bomb blast to take apart.
    Hahhah I hear you my slab is 8" thick reinforced rebar 6" Centers cores filled solid monolithic pour rebar tied together...good luck.. I'm for sure going to tuck in the wood storage with the wife and kids and take cover when the tornado sirens sound...These structures we build are pretty beefy and well built that is for sure. Just read your post to my wife and then mine right now and we are laughing visualizing all this...hahha
    Last edited by Chach; 10-12-2019, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    I had the same thought as wellwhen i finally finished my oven. Between the vermiculite and how the base is all tied together with rebar and in some places the concrete was 14" thick. And most of the cores were filled and had rebar in them and all was bent and tied together. Pretty sure that base will take a bomb blast to take apart.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I finished adding the rest of the perlite in the enclosure...I feel sorry for the poor sap in a 100 years that wants to remodel the oven and gets 48 cu ft of perlite thrown at them...hahahha. I also finished all the cement board om the enclosure which was just the arched pieces...tomorrow I build the 2 soffits on both sides of the roof and wait until the rest of the roof material shows up.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I had some issues with the vermiculite leakage as well. It is almost like keeping water in. Any tiny cracks will leak.
    Was like the sand coming down in an hourglass lol..

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    I had some issues with the vermiculite leakage as well. It is almost like keeping water in. Any tiny cracks will leak.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied

I can't be totally certain but i believe it was 45cf. It was enough to fill the whole cavity and heap over the oven.
    I bought 36 cu ft and went back and bought anther 24cu ft. I didn't put the last bags in yet it has been raining here. Not good to do on a windy day the area will look like it snowed. lol. Also if your going to do this make sure your perimeter walls are sealed a little hole can create a mess for you I had a little gap in the front and the perlite was just oozing out of there like an hourglass and up having to sweep up five for gallon bucketsful I didn't lose any but it was a pain in the butt. I had to act quick and seal up the gap.

I found a company that will make my radius facia and drip edge pieces for my roof so I'm getting very excited about that seems like that parts coming together the oven will be filled with perlite in the next day or so so I hope my retained cooking will be a lot longer. the roof materials shall be in the next week or so so that I can get it weatherproofed. the next bring all I have to do is stone it and build a nicer door. getting pretty excited it's almost over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X