X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Baza View Post
    Hey Neil - have a look at the "Getting Started" area of this forum for a discussion on "Insulation Efficiency" - Utah put it up and gives a good sense of relational thicknesses and how to compensate around them through your build (eg. # of inches of blanket requires # inches of vermiculite and so on). It may help you.
    Thanks, I've read so my posts I'm starting to get confused

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    6" ID is Forno Bravo's recommended size for 32-36" ID ovens.
    Thank you. Is flexible ok to use?

Leave a comment:

• Baza
    replied
    Hey Neil - have a look at the "Getting Started" area of this forum for a discussion on "Insulation Efficiency" - Utah put it up and gives a good sense of relational thicknesses and how to compensate around them through your build (eg. # of inches of blanket requires # inches of vermiculite and so on). It may help you.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    6" ID is Forno Bravo's recommended size for 32-36" ID ovens.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    First lot of questions:
    I've roughly laid out the thermolite blocks. The template is for a 36" oven. There is 4"-5" from the template to the side blocks but only about 1"-2" to the back.
    I was planning on having two layers of 1" ceramic fire blanket and filling all the rest with loose permulite.
    So the whole enclosure will have loads of thermal insulation apart from the rear first row of the pizza oven, which will only be fire blanket and 4" thermal block.
    Does this sound ok?

Is a 5" flexible chimney liner ok to use as I want to feed it in to the grill chimney?
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-02-2020, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Thanks Bazza.
    The bricks were originally on Gumtree (similar to Craigslist I think), they were originally £100 for 200 bricks, they are normally about £1 - £1.75 each, so it would of been a good price. A week later they were free . When I collected, there were about 330.
    The breeze/thermolite blocks were also free from Gumtree and I still have about 40 left.
    Love a bargain

The middle arch has a chimenea and a hole left in the hearth. The plan is to use above the chimenea as another source of cooking i.e wok or frying pan, by slotting in some steel panels I should be able to use it as a smoker too.... If the plan in my head works

Leave a comment:

• Baza
    replied
    Hey Neil!! Wonderful pace of work you are doing and it looks great! Love the combo plan of your build to include a smoker and such. Wondering where you sourced your brick for the lower build? I'm not in East London - but rather in Southern Ontario (ha!) but ideas are always worth pursuing when they are good!

Keep it up, sir! Looking forward to seeing this multi-build come to life!

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    There will be thermolite blocks used under the firebricks to keep costs down... I got 53 for free

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Couldn't resist roughly laying out the firebricks and thermolite blocks.
    The plan is for a 36" oven. The chimenea/smoker and grill will have one large (8') brick chimney.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Fire bricks delivery.... This sh**t got real

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    I also added a time capsule in the main support. Last minute thought so only a newspaper, collectable 50p coins and a letter telling about us as a family and the pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Waited 48 hours then took off all the supports.
    Last edited by Neil.B; 08-01-2020, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Neil.B
    replied
    Time for the hearth.
    i raided my neighbours skip for some timber/laminate flooring to use as supports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X