• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances
    replied
    Re: Les' Build

Originally posted by thebadger View Post
    Les,

My guess is most of us "guys" that are building an oven "married up"! At least that's what my co workers tell me

Dick
    ...so did us WFO-building girls marry up as well?

Lovely series of pics Les! Make sure you continue taking lots of the final rows.

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

That's one for the record....nice job Les

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I got past the big ugly tonight. I knew the train was coming, but it really wasn't that bad. I had to knock out a couple of bricks I set last night so I could achieve a better keystone - kinda ticked me off, but thats what it took. The brick itself was a little bit of a challenge, but just another two shower day. You will see about 1/16 of mortar on the brick. I cut it a bit loose because I was determined to set the last brick over the arch tonight, if I cut to fit, I would have compromised the adjoining bricks that I set about 1 hour prior (been there, done that) - mission accomplished...

Onward and upward!!!!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• thebadger
    replied

Les,

My guess is most of us "guys" that are building an oven "married up"! At least that's what my co workers tell me

Dick

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

No offense was taken - it's all good. All, thanks for the complements on my daughter, I think she is pretty special as well. And yes, I did marry a Babe!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Sorry for the cryptic comment Les... and no offence meant at all!

Its just interesting how you sometimes build up an internal picture of someone from their posts and their work. Or is that just me? That's the first time you posted a picture of yourself I think. And somehow I had you down as tall and gangly, with longish dark hair... don't ask me why! And how wrong can you get, eh?

Turns out your daughter has the dark hair.

...now, shall I tell you what I think Sarah looks like?

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

I'll nominate him a second time for having the best looking daughter around. What a pretty girl. You must have married a beauty. She didn't get her looks from you!

Kidding of course. Congrats on getting started again.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by james View Post

To get a jump on things, I want to nominate Les' dome brickwork and photos for Best of June.
    James
    WOW! Coming from the man that runs the forum, and obviously can control the tally - seems like a lock You are by far the ultimate super delegate. It seems a bit premature though, it always amazes me the creativity and cleverness that comes form our brothers and sisters of the brick. But hey - I appreciate the nod. Thanks!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• PizzaJNKY
    replied

Now that oven looks like perfection. Les, you keep that up, and I think James or the Artigiano builders are gonna recruit you to come work for them.

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

Second that one

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Congratulations on the graduation. What a big day -- just getting through our daughter's first year of high schools feels like a big deal to us.

To get a jump on things, I want to nominate Les' dome brickwork and photos for Best of June.
    James
    Last edited by james; 06-04-2008, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Frances View Post

And Les... somehow I imagined you'd look totally different .
    Frances - don't know what to make of that.

Ken - I bought a bag of heat stop and blew through it in the beginning. At the cost of shipping, I started "rolling my own". I find the two extremely similar. It's taking about 3/4 of a grout bag to do a course.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Awesome picture, Les. Thanks for sharing (oh and your pizza oven looks nice, too ).

Glad to see you are back at work. I'm still amazed at your joints. How many pounds of mortar have you used? I can't imagine you've gone through a full bag yet.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Wow! About time Les!

Still looking awesome.

And great pic of you and your daughter.

Proud papa!

Leave a comment:

• SpringJim
    replied

nice pics Les! love the brickwork....why no soldier course though?

....they grow up quick eh? Pizza will bring them home too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X