• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les
    replied
    Re: Les' Build

Bill,

It was at the end of an isle in the home decor section. Look for their barbecue stuff.

Leave a comment:

• bbell
    replied

Les, which aisle?

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Wow. I just pull on my big glove and stick my arm in to add wood... but I also am missing a bit of hair on my arm too...

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Les View Post
    My next project is going to be a tool for adding wood.
    Scratch that thought! I went to Home Depot to price the steel, it would take at a minimum, $20.00. This thing was listed at $12.00, rang up at $7.00. Done!

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Bob C
    replied

Les,
    i like the "resourcefulness"...same reason why i like to stick with wood...being in the lumber biz. Also, you're developing quite the arsenal. Good work.
    Bob C

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Thanks guy's! I am up to six, but four of them are small just to slide stuff into the oven. I think I'm done with peels, My next project is going to be a tool for adding wood. Right now I am using a cheesy tong from a fire place set - not cool.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• bbell
    replied

They look great. How many peels does that make it?

Leave a comment:

• exceloven
    replied

Wow! Should we have expected any less than awesome. They look great.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

I built 2 more peels to add to my arsenal - now I need to build a bigger gun rack

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
    What's the best way I should try to cut the metal?
    I used my bandsaw for the peels - a scroll saw for the door (to big for the bandsaw).

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

What's the best way I should try to cut the metal?

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

One useful little bit of information I picked up here: don't use anything galvanised, because at high temps it produces toxic gasses.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Mike - the door and peels are 14 ga aluminum. I bought a sheet of it for my door at a scrap yard. The material for the peels I pulled out of the trash in our shop. I am making a peel for baguettes but I'm not sure 14 ga will be stiff enough - it's 20 inches long and seems pretty flimsy.

Les...
    Last edited by Les; 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

Originally posted by Frances View Post
    not feasable for the metalurgically challenged among us.
    Well, this certainly includes me! I went to Home Depot this weekend. I've no clue where to begin with the sheet metal. What did you use for the peels? The door? They have aluminum, galv. steel, and standard steel. How thick should I look for? What do I use to cut them?

Sorry for the silly questions. Again, metallurgically challenged (but hey, a year ago I was masonry challenged, and now I've built a brick dome that's survived the better part of a Michigan winter!)

Leave a comment:

• Bob C
    replied

Les,
    a great idea...nothing worse that having the oven ready and your still prepping the pies. i use a few pieces of finished plywood cut square and have them waiting to go. but i like the handles. It's time to break out the jigsaw>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X