Oven floor and opening?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven floor and opening?

Hey everyone, I have a few questions, I finished my oven but in the process I forgot a very important step concerning my oven floor. I forgot to use insulation under the oven floor, I used two layers of fire bricks and the oven is already complete with dome so it?s impossible for me to rip apart again. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to or build to rectify this large error? I?m desperate, I know how important the insulation is and I feel really stupid to have forgotten it. Also, I think my doorway is to large which in turn is letting out smoke and not efficient for retaining heat. The door I think I can fix quite easily but the floor I need advice from the experts. Please any advice is better than no advice.

Re: Oven floor and opening?

Did you build the dome on top of the floor?
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks for responding les, Yes I do. What does that mean?

Comment

Many of us have built the dome around the floor. If that were your case, you could have lifted the floor up and added insulation. Since you have 2 layers of brick - maybe you can lift what bricks you can and add the insulation. Although its not ideal, it would be better than what you have.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

If I lifted up those brick that means I would have to rip them apart because there already sealed with refractory concrete. Is that possible or would tearing them apart compromise the strucural integerty of the dome that sits on top, possibily causing a shift?

Comment