Octagonal Oven Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Octagonal Oven Base

I picked up the last of the block I need for the base today. I am going to cut them and finish getting the base ready. Then I will have pretty much run out of excuses that I can chalk up to planning and designing (not to mention buying tools ), and I will actually have to start digging and pouring a slab.

I will post one more photo after I finish the cuts for the base on this thread, then will start a build thread.

This is way fun
    Travis
    TravisNTexas

Comment

I finished cutting the block for the oven base. Here is how it looks sitting in the driveway. I plan on not putting any steel across the openings, but will do brick arches and concrete ala Tim, before I pour the slab.

If there is any reason why I need the steel in there, please let me know now

Travis
      TravisNTexas

Comment

How do you mean not putting any steel in?

You can do without an angle iron accross the opening, but I would strongly recommend putting some serious rebar accross the openings during your hearth pour... you were going to do that though anyway, weren't you?
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I will put steel in, bad choice of words. I will not span the wood storage openings with angle iron, but will have brick arches that will go all the way up to the slab. The slab itself will have rebar

I have not decided on splitting the storage into two area yet with a wall across the center. I will probably leave it open, since one opening will be outside the kitchen, and the other inside. I figure I can load wood into the outside opening, then pull it for use out the front side.

Travis
          TravisNTexas

Comment

Originally posted by staestc View Post

I finished cutting the block for the oven base. Here is how it looks sitting in the driveway. I plan on not putting any steel across the openings, but will do brick arches and concrete ala Tim, before I pour the slab.

If there is any reason why I need the steel in there, please let me know now

Travis
            Wow, my landscape has changed a little since this picture! I have a bit more driveway, and a big building now! lol Nice to be back. Cut cinder blocks have been on the trailer in the picture since 2009 or so. I've been going though some of the awesome build threads that have been created since I was last on, and trying to pick up where I left off. Hopefully soon I can continue
            TravisNTexas

Comment

Working...
            X