X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aureole
    replied
    Re: Octagonal Oven Base

I've seen a base that looks like a big asterisk, so an octagonal base should be fine! Make sure you leave space for the landing (maybe you could leave one side of the octagon?).

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

The cuts to do an octagon are pretty simple. If you are working with finish stuff, like brick, you want to cut your end bricks at the 45 degree angle, and then interleaf the levels so you don't have running seams. Most wet saws come with a 45 degree cutting jig.

If you are just planning to do a stucco finish, I would just lay the blocks up with visible notches, and fill the gaps with paper topped with a couple of inches of mortar mix.

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

There are no stupid questions! Personally, I just didn't know how to answer it. Someone did a round stand, but I'm not sure how. There's an oven which has sonotube legs and looks like a flying saucer too- it's really cool.

good luck with the form!

Leave a comment:

• staestc
    replied

A little bummed about no responses to this question, but I bought some blocks today to measure and try and figure out how to make it work and tie together.

I probably should have posted this up in "Getting Started", since I now see that is where design questions belong.

Course if could be that my question was either stupid, or that nobody understood it

Travis

Leave a comment:

• staestc
    started a topic Octagonal Oven Base

Octagonal Oven Base

Hi,

For the space I am planning to put an oven, I think that an octagonal base shape would work best. I have not run across any body that has built a base in an octogan yet, and am curious what has been done in the past.

Specifically, how have people delt with less than 90 degree angles where the side of their stand meet? I have some ideas, but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks,
    Travis
Working...
X