X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlgeis
    replied
    Re: brick cutting

I used a circular saw and sprayed the cut and blade with water from a nozzle on the hose. I had the saw plugged into a GFI and the saw had a plastic motor case and handle. It cut very well and I survived but my rig was definately not UL approved.

When water contacts the blade it is slung outward away from the motor and it requires very little water. Use this method at your own risk!

I started out dry cutting but soon found very tough bricks. I thought I had worn out the blade but the water made it cut like butter.

By the way the Harbour Freight blades cut as well, last as long as blades that cost 5x as much from HD and L.

You can get a 3ft extension cord with a GFI built in and I definately would not have tried the above method without a tested and operating GFI.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• boofalu
    replied

has anybody tried a concrete blade in a timber compound mitre saw?

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Oops, my mistake, I think I was thinking of one of Hnedo's posts, too. This one is really cool: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tilt-2802.html

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Didn't Ken also have an excellent thread on how to do angled cuts? Anyone remember where it is?

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied

If you search the forum, you will find several tips hidden in the discussions. I would suggest reading through this thread

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ical-3124.html

It's a long thread, with nice detailed accounts of the build. Somewhere in there are discussions about bevels, angles, jigs for a wet saw, etc. I would also suggest searching for threads from Hendo. He was an early and excellent contributer to the forum. I don't recall where, but he offered many nice suggestions. Aside from an often used dome gauge (which is has become infamous), he has offered suggestions on brick cutting jigs and tips.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• dlgeis
    started a topic brick cutting

brick cutting

My pompeii plans refer to information in the apendix about brick measuring and cutting but I can't find it. Where can I find info about measuring, marking, jigging compound cuts for domes?

Doug
Working...
X