Mini Portable Beginnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini Portable Beginnings

Yes, but you have to use AR (alkaline resistant fibres) Normal glass fibers apparently will react with the cement. There are lots of specific fibers available, depending on the application.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I finally have my dome closed in. I'm still trying to figure out what to use for reinforcement. I'm thinking about Stainless Steel mig or tig wire and just wrapping and spot welding it together and then covering in a light layer refractory concrete.

Attached is one of the pizzas that I baked last night. It so should have been in a real oven...

Comment

You could try stainless steel needles, but you might have to buy way more than you need. I think the stainless welding wire is a clever option. Don't forget to consider shocks on the trailer, although I still haven't fitted any to mine yet. Watch out for speed bumps.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

So after setting for a week and a half I finally built my first newspaper fire. I chose to cure without the insulation layer so I could fix anything that I felt was serious. I had a few long hairline cracks appear in the surface. I was expecting to see them but not looking forward to seeing them if that makes any sense. The inside of the dome reached about 250 degrees F. I will do another one tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X