Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cal-Sil Board specifications - more than one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wlively
    replied
    Re: Cal-Sil Board specifications - more than one?

I have standard floor (flat bricks) and TC's with center of brick measurement. There is no way you are going to overheat the floor insulation on a normal pizza firing. The highest temps I have recorded for the floor mass was approx 450 degF. 1200 deg limit would be fine.

What you need to look at is thermal coefficient as that is the more important number. You want the lowest number for your money. Also, some materials loose structural integrity when wet, so need to be aware of that.

I used Insblock 19 under my floor at $1.00 sq ft for 1" thick. Haven't got any complaints.

Leave a comment:

• Roadkyng
    replied

I think I'll repost under asking that very question. Thanks

Originally posted by dmun View Post
    This is a question for our multiple-thermocouple mavens. How hot does the interior of the firebrick floor get at full temperature? I'd guess it's well under 1200f

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

This is a question for our multiple-thermocouple mavens. How hot does the interior of the firebrick floor get at full temperature? I'd guess it's well under 1200f

Leave a comment:

• Roadkyng
    started a topic Cal-Sil Board specifications - more than one?

Cal-Sil Board specifications - more than one?

I have been researching Cal-Sil Board sources and found a site that sells 2" thick board for $3.56 sqft. Looking at the specs (ASTM C 533, Type I) it shows a heat rating of 1200 degrees F (649 degrees C).

The Cal-Sil Board sold in the FB store states a heat rating of 1200 degrees C (over 2400 F). (possible typo?)

Now I suppose there are different grades or specifications of Cal-Sil Board. My question is, what floor temps are likely to be seen? ie if 1200 degrees F is completely adequate I can't see paying 3 times the price for board that will never come close to the temp rating possible.

Thoughts?
Working...
X