X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the Pompeii Oven Plans

The on-line version of the plans are here:

Brick Oven Plans | Build an Italian Brick Oven

There are instructions, dimensions, materials lists, and photos for each step of the process. You can access the plans, and print the .HTML pages here. Also, a group of Forno Bravo community members is currently working on a .PDF version of the plans which we will host on Forno Bravo.com. We will let you know when they are available, and where you can find them, when the project is complete.
    Enjoy.
    James
    Last edited by james; 06-19-2008, 10:36 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

I can't find a link to a printer version (ie. without the sidebar) - does such a thing exist?

Comment

So far a "printer friendly" version of the Pompeii oven has not been created and put onto the Forno Bravo site. Currently one of the members has taken the data/info from the linked pages and put them into a word document - 6 files each one slightly less than 1 meg in size. James has requested that some of the members take those files and revamp them to include some of the newer innovations that have been implemented by other builders such as flipping the hearth so that the floor sits on the insulating layer and under that is the reinforced concrete hearth that sits on the block wall foundation. In a few months before the end of the year the revised instrutions will be available in a PDF (Adobe Acrobat) form.

If you have a dire need for the word version then drop me a line and it can be made available. In the meantime read through the forum especially under the construction, look for my favorites Paulages, Robert Musa. For going off-design look at DrakeRemora.

je

Comment

Re: Finding the Pompeii Oven Plans

How is this project coming along?

Comment

Thanks for asking - I was lamtening to a freindly Canadian and he said doing what I am doing is like herding ants. It is frustrating at times and is alltogether taking too much time to complete. The first draft is is up to putting on the chimney & insulation. The first draft will not have many pictures but rather placeholders for where pics will go.

Getting into the inulsation I think the system may need to be pre cured depending on the type of enclosure. If you do a "house" enclosure then the moisture (steam) will be able to escape like a normal house. I think that if you are doing an igloo enclosure (which is water tight) then you really need to do your fires before you seal the structre. Depending on the type of insulation this may be after you have applied the 1/2 to 2 inch butter (fire cement) for extra mass (if your desuire is to also have an oven that will hold heat for longer periods). If you are using the fiber insulation and then douing stucco over it you probably should let the oven cure a week or two and then fire it. Cover it with insulation and the stucco and then cure it again and also do a modified series of curing fires.

I need to pose this to James and the community in another thread so that this one does not get hijacked.

Comment

How can I get a set of plans pre-printed?Any suggestions?Thanks.

Mike/Chicago

Comment

i want to have a set of plans pre-printed,how can i do?
              thanks.

Comment

I'll try again from another PC, but I opened the zip file and it was empty
                Columbiana, Alabama WFO Build.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/o...bama-7837.html

Comment

for the printable pdf you need to register, but sadly the list of countries in the registery form is very limited..

Comment

I guess a stupid question... I have downloaded a pdf that is call instructions but I don't seem to be able to locate"plans". I'm a carpenter and expected dimensioned drawing and such.

Comment

Hi.. on the main website I have tried to register to get the plans but the list of countries ends halfway through 'c' so I can't register in the UK. Any ideas? I have a friends address in the US.. could I register with that but a .co.uk email?

Comment

me too. i was a bit disappointed

Comment

Get a gmail account.

Comment

Real plans would have saved myself and I suppose everyone a ton of time and agravation. I drew up some plans but they are in no way complete.

Comment

If anyone drew up some plans would they mind sharing them with the group? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X