X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FB Pompeii Oven Kit

Hi guys,

All the materials for the Pompeii Kits have arrived at the warehouse and we are starting to pack them up for shipment. Everything is looking good!

We will be in touch with folks who ordered Kits to coordinate delivery.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Very cool! Looking forward to getting started...
      Ed

Comment

My locally sourced firebrick is not even close to being flat. I had variances in thickness from one brick to the next of about 3/16 of an inch. I had variances of 1/8 an inch from one corner of a single brick to the opposite corner. This made setting my floor the most tedious and frustrating part of my build so far. I tore it out twice to start over.

If I had it to do over again, I would buy this kit (after asking James to assure me that his brick is flat.)

-David
        -David

Comment

James,

East Coast price for shipping is still in affect? In the last post I an update for orders for the kits. Is it to late to order the kids to be sent to East Coast?

Dino

Comment

I received my Pompeii 90 kit yesterday! For those of you contemplating doing the same, here is what to expect:

It arrives on one pallet. It took just under a week to get here from 161 miles away, but for only $100 shipping 1,600 lbs, I will wait! Someone will need to sign for the delivery, and of course, the truck was late. The truck that drove up had several Pompeii kits on it, according to my wife, so I guess there will be an explosion of WFO building on the Central California Coast in the next few months!

The kit includes (from bottom to top) small bricks, big bricks, 2 bags of FB Mortar, 1 box of FB Boards (3 are in the box), and 2 boxes of FB Blankets. Everything is wrapped in plastic wrap. The blanket boxes were kind of beat up, but survived OK. About 4-5 of the 17 large bricks (the floor) had chipped corners, but arrange the bricks right, and it should be OK. All of the 121 (I got one extra) small bricks have nice, crisp edges. Despite what the sales receipt says, you do not actually get the FB CD ROM, they email the Pompeii plans PDF file to you (which, face it, we all have downloaded by now!).

Overall, I am happy I went this way. Yeah, I probably could of saved a couple of bucks if I locally sourced what I could, like the small bricks. But the time to find them, the drive down to Monterey or Santa Cruz, having to load and unload everything to and from the truck, etc. made it all worthwhile buying the kit.

Now I need to get started...
            Ed

Comment

That is a great option! It cost me way more than 1k for the firebricks and heat stop alone. I think in total it cost me 5-6k to build the oven on my own. Good luck to all!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Looking at the post dates of these threads, is this now an option and if so, available on the east coast.

Comment

I am a new member to the forum and would like to buy this kit. can you give me the URI so I can get pricing and shipping info. I live in Orlando FL
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi James,

Is this kit price still available?

Comment

The shipping cost for the pompeii kit is coming out to be over $800 to Northern CA using the web ordering system. Is the discounted price of $100 shipping still valid? Should I call the office to talk to a live person instead of trying order through the website?

Byung

Comment

Hey James,

I would love to try your Pompeii kit. I've been poring over the downloaded plans for a while now. The price plus shipping seems quite fair. When will the Pompeii kits be ready? can the materials be sized for a smaller Oven?

My wife and I talked with you and Amir briefly at the Expo Sat. We are interested in an oven design closer to 32" and liked the Giardino 70 design that Chef Antonio was using to such great effect. So much so that my wife wants me to scrap the Pompeii "notion" and just go with the G-70. ) (BTW a great time, learned much. especially about oven management) Excited you'll be making and selling your own refractory products.

Keep the fire going!

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt,

You can definitely install the Giardino70 a lot faster than you can build a Pompeii oven. :-)

I'm glad you had a good time. Antonio was great, and it was fun watching all the things a talented chef can do with a 28" oven. Stay in touch.

Byung -- call us on 800 407 5119. We are still discounting the cost of shipping to keep the cost of shipping a little lower. We can get you the cost (it's heavy).
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I would like to know if these are available yet ???
                            I see the kits on the website but no pricing listed.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. we just broke ground for the foundation of our oven today.
                              49" Recirculating LOW DOME Pompei build with welded stand:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...log-15903.html

Comment

You should find brick supplier on the east coast to limit shipping costs. The FB site said it would cost me $1700 to ship Pompeii kit to pennsylvania. Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X