Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fio's 35" Oven

Sweet job. Excellent.

How big were the copper sheets, and is this something a homeowner could do -- if they had the time and materials? I can see other folks wanting to do this.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Looks great Fio. Did they coat is so it would stay shiny, or will it get a patina?

Drake
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
        Sweet job. Excellent.

How big were the copper sheets, and is this something a homeowner could do -- if they had the time and materials? I can see other folks wanting to do this.
        James
        The copper comes in strips about 12" wide. There's a fair bit of cutting, bending and crimping to do, but it's not beyond the means of anyone who builds a brick oven.

There are also other components, i.e. sheets to wrap the chimney, center ridge, etc.

The real challenge will be to find a dealer for the stock.
        There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray View Post
          Looks great Fio. Did they coat is so it would stay shiny, or will it get a patina?

Drake

It will get a patina, in about 10 years (right about when I do)
          There is nothing quite so satisfying as drinking a cold beer, while tending a hot fire, in an oven that you built yourself, and making the best pizza that your friends have ever had.

Comment

if you want to speed up the patina you can hit it with a dilute acid solution. Hydrocloric should give you a green patina. We're close enough to the beach to get enough sea salt to get some green.

Comment

Looks great!

What was the gauge/thickness/weight of copper that you used?
              I beleive that is sold in thicknesses described as weight per square foot, something like 3oz, 6oz, 12oz,..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ljanmi2 View Post
                Looks great!

What was the gauge/thickness/weight of copper that you used?
                I beleive that is sold in thicknesses described as weight per square foot, something like 3oz, 6oz, 12oz,..

Thanks
                I don't know. If I were to guess, it's about 1/32" thick. But it's soft so it's easily bent.

Comment

Working...
                X