X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deejayoh
    replied
    Re: Dome spreadsheet calculator

To figure out all the specifics, I would suggest looking at the formulas in the cells. It's pretty self explanatory.

On the jig setup, please reference this thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...tilt-2802.html

Leave a comment:

• mauricegue
    replied

Hello, Hope you feel and get better soon
    As an engineer, i would like to understand the maths which I have been able to do. However, I can not work out the mathematics behind your jig setup and final dimensions of the brick. Can you post some examples on what terms refer to what? WHat is tilt, side angle, inside and outside bottom referring to? I am adding all the maths and diagrams into the spreadsheet so people can understand it at the advanced level.
    many thanks and get well soon
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by mauricegue View Post
    hello
    can someone please show the diagram on how the effective radius was calculated
    cheers
    Maurice
    Maurice -
    Sorry to not respond earlier to your PM. I have been a bit under the weather and discovered last night that I've got pneumonia.

anyway, the effictive radius of the arc is the same as the arm length of your IT. It's not an important thing to know for your build, but it was important for me to differentiate between IT length and dome height when calculating the courses.

Hope that helps

Dennis

Leave a comment:

• mauricegue
    replied

hello
    can someone please show the diagram on how the effective radius was calculated
    cheers
    Maurice

Leave a comment:

• Robpriddy
    replied

Just downloaded your spreedsheet. Many thanks. I am starting my build and am sure that this will be a big help. I need a little study time to figure it all out but that is true of everything in this process.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by h12rpo View Post
    Yes i do ......thanks
    Got it. I made a change. Check out the new version (updated in orginal post)

Leave a comment:

• h12rpo
    replied

Yes i do ......thanks

Leave a comment:

• vtsteve
    replied

I think he means a running bond...

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by Rocko Bonaparte View Post
    Simple question here. Is oven diameter the outside diameter or inside diameter?
    Inside diameter

Originally posted by h12rpo
    any chance of adding a line for the floor made out of the same size brick?
    options of:
    herringbone pattern
    or brick wall stepped
    Not sure I know what brick wall stepped is but I think the rough calculation for floor brick count would be Pi*r^2/(length * width of brick). That's an easy addition.

Leave a comment:

• Rocko Bonaparte
    replied

Simple question here. Is oven diameter the outside diameter or inside diameter?

Leave a comment:

• h12rpo
    replied

great spreadsheet.....................any chance of adding a line for the floor made out of the same size brick?
    options of:
    herringbone pattern
    or brick wall stepped

would be just superb and should imho be appended to the next revision of the downloadable plans

Leave a comment:

• Phxdt
    replied

Love the spreadsheet. I was wondering how to lay this out, and you saved my hours of excel work. Thank you!

If I can't setup a jig with my wet saw, can I use the "side angle" as a measurement for the amount I tilt the course above the previous top of the brick, measured from the outside?

Leave a comment:

• Spinal
    replied

For some odd reason, I can't download it... anyone else have this problem?

Ignore me - a reboot later and I can download it! Odd...
    Last edited by Spinal; 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tomweb
    replied

Got it, Thanx Deejayoh. While I've seen the spreadsheet calculator you've put together, ( which does look like a great tool.) I've wondered how 'those who have gone before' calculated their cuts on dome bricks?

I'll echo all and say what a treasure this forum and the support you and so many offer. I'm still lurking, reading and learning an awful lot. I thought the "If you could build your oven again, what would you do different" thread was great. I've moved beyond imagining to calculations and sketches. I favor an oven with stone, since there are tons of it on my property here in northern MD.....I just can't seem to get it to run to my building site!!

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

The IT is the "indispensibile tool". Search for that and you'll find many examples. Length is just what it sounds like - the distance from the pivot point to the brick facing edge of the tool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X