Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Harbor freight Saw

Originally posted by Dino69 View Post

No doubt place your pump in a bucket of clean water next to the saw. Way better than in the muck.

David
    For most of my build, I have been filling the bucket each time it got low with a garden hose pistol nozzle. If I had it to do over again I would rig up a cheep toilet tank valve .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Here is mine. It is not a HF saw, but if you can afford the 1400 buck outlay, you can probably sell it for almost what you paid for it if you keep it clean (probably $1200, so the net-net is cheaper than an HF saw and it cuts a lot better). In addition to the 5 gallon bucket, take a tupperware container a little bigger than the pump, wrap it all in an old washcloth and ziptie it closed. The pump will last longer and the water will remain cleaner.

Comment

Gulf, I too have been filling and refilling the bucket. I am totally digging your toilet tank valve idea. I have a friend who will be building in the future I may try to see if he would let me do that for him.

David
        "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - Peter Clemenza

Comment

Originally posted by Dino69 View Post
          Gulf, I too have been filling and refilling the bucket. I am totally digging your toilet tank valve idea. I have a friend who will be building in the future I may try to see if he would let me do that for him.

David
          Thanks' David,
          It would be a simple job to drill a hole in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and plumb it to a garden hose. It would have saved me a lot of steps, and some aggravating moments when I was ready to cut but, the pump did not have enough head of water over it to pick up . I'm just too lazy and to close to the end to rig one up .

If you do, please let us know how it works.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I see potential for an after market product.
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              I see potential for an after market product.
              Any one that wants to patent the idea and approach the wet say moguls, go ahead. Just, please, cut me in .

Comment

Working...
              X