Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here are some videos about dough

Originally posted by dusty View Post
    I was a bit frightened at first. When you said "casual attire", and knowing you, I was afraid I'd see you kneading dough in your boxers!

dusty
    Hmmm...

Next week?

My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Thanks for the offer Dave. Just give us warning. Skid marks and pizza?
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Can I take a number and say, great work. I'm a little late to the party, but wow. Eccellente. Buonissimo.

Dave, I think you have something here. Your skills are the best and your passion comes through. I don't know if there is a future on youtube, but this is the best.

I wish I could do that.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hi Dave ..............great videos. Got to say I feel a little bit intimidated by the skill levels.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
            Dave, Thanks for the videos. You are, indeed, Da man! A real dough-throwin' sob! They were great - and just in time too. I plan on making my first dough tomorrow.
            I was a bit frightened at first. When you said "casual attire", and knowing you, I was afraid I'd see you kneading dough in your boxers!

Thanks again.

dusty
            No He has to wait till the day after Christmas for that, or maybe New Year's Day to take a bite out of the hangover
            RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
            Oven Thread

Comment

Dave - great video! Sounds like you have an active house.
              I have high school aged kids too, and the first couple times I made pizza it was just 4-6 pizzas for the family..over the months that has grown to a near once weekly pizza night at my house that now includes between 12-15 kids and means about 20-25 pizzas. I wouldn't trade it for the world! I put on my ipod and try to zone out some of the kid noise at times though. :-)
              I got to where I was making so much dough my KA mixer looked at me and told me to stop it and I ended up ordering an Electolux DLX which according to UPS should be here in 2 days...I can't wait.

Comment

Telehort,
                Funny stuff. Your mixer talks to you too, huh? Mine says, I have a fever, I feel all hot, like I'm going to melt down. That's my expensive model. I'm thinking of moving up sometime in the future too. Thanks for the lead on the Electrolux
                GJBingham
                -----------------------------------
                Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

GJB - I just looked again at the tracking info on the UPS site...expecting it magically is to say "delivering in 5 minutes", but to no avail..it still says a date of 2/14 for delivery. I will knock out a few batches of dough and bread over the weekend and will maybe try to get a review of it up next week sometime. I put a lot of research into this model and so I have great hopes for it. I would have really loved one of the SP-5's that CanuckJim has..but didn't get enough of a xmas bonus for that.

Comment

Great Videos Dave! Very Impressive!!

Tele, please post a review of that mixer when it arrives...I am sure others will be interested...

Drake
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Dave,
                      Those videos are wonderful! Shot with all the background conversation, the tv on, running over visitors (perhaps family) as you make your way to the oven, gives you a sense that you are just kind of hanging out with Dave and Co.

I am thinking the bb hat, the cutoff sweatshirt becomes your trademark look and we get you a slot next season on food network. We would call it Bob's Backyard Baking - - it sings! Yeah we would have to work with your name. Pick from anything beginning with a "B", one syllable and no more than four characters long. Small price for fame and all those residuals. We would work it so your daughter is part of the package. My people will call your people.

The recipe you are using is very similar to the one I have used for years on my stone (including the hi-gluten stuff from Sam's and some locally produced mozerrella) but had become concerned through readings on the site that it wouldn't work well with the WFO. Everything I am reading suggests that you need the high hydration in both flour and cheese to prevent burning and the proper spring in the crust. Yours looks great, how are you avoiding the pitfalls of high heat on your recipe? What is the temp of oven you shoot for with this recipe?

Again, great stuff and great content for James.

Jim

Comment

Pete's Pizza Parties...?
                        Fred's Fire Feasts..?

Or if he really wants to keep his name, you could go with:

Daring Dave's Delicious Dough Dinners
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Deadly Dave's Demonic Demos!!

Mate, I worship at your altar. Flamin inspirational.
                          I can see one heck of a mess brewing up in our kitchen tomorrow night. Crikey that was entertaining.

Clumsy Jeff.

Comment

I knew someone would come up with something better

So anyway, I finally watched the videos (my first ever videos on the computer ) ...

Guess there might be a bit of the luddite in me, too. Can I be one without living in a cave, Jeff?
                            But there's nothing to it really, just press the button and off you go...

Cool videos! Great fun! Intimidating, educational, entertaining! Could become required viewing for all FB members!

I watched them with my kids to encouraging cries of "Why don't you ever do it like that, Mom?!" and now I'm getting lots of "when can we watch that funny man with the big pizza again?" ("OK dear, but only if you eat up your vegetables")
                            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post

I watched them with my kids to encouraging cries of "Why don't you ever do it like that, Mom?!" and now I'm getting lots of "when can we watch that funny man with the big pizza again?" ("OK dear, but only if you eat up your vegetables")
                              Thanks Frances.

I'm glad your children enjoyed the videos.
                              You put a smile on my face today.

"Dave, the redneck pizza man, making children eat their veggies all around the world!"

Great stuff
                              My thread:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
                              My costs:
                              http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
                              My pics:
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Frances,
                                At the risk of becoming personal, but in no particular order, I offer the following:
                                (D) Intimidating? Too right.
                                (B). Just press button, etc. (Ahem). Yours obviously work better than mine. Mind if we try swaps?
                                (F). "Eat vegies first". Strewth Frances, what sort of degraded Luddite are you?Spent too long in the Sunshine, have we? (see 'A', below).
                                (E)...'up with something better'. Watch'n wait, my unseen friend. "My Dad Dave" (edited by Harley.)may yet eclipse Homer's Simpletons.
                                (C) ...'luddite without living in cave'. Aww gee Frances, (more colourful, but possibly less acceptable phrases spring to mind). Truth is, if you're a cranky old fart and live in the scrub, you could be in with a chance. Some how you don't strike me as a cranky old fart.Sorry mate: "associate Luddite", perhaps?
                                (A).Well stuff me.Big-noting meself again, 'n now I've forgotten.
                                Stay safe eh.
                                Ludd the Jeffite (bucketmouth).
                                ps. Do you know that we are all allocated a set number of words at birth? And when we use them all up, we die, eh. True story.
                                (Sure hope 'typing' post-dates that regulation). j.

Comment

Working...
                                X