Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza oven Tool Sets

James,

I made my own wooden peels for bread. The problem with our ovens is the width of the mouth compared to the length needed. You could always buy peel blades from a supplier like this, Empire Bakery Equipment: Spiral Mixers, Deck Ovens and Bakery Production Equipment from America's Leading Bakery Equipment Supplier , that are long enough but too wide. All you'd have to do is cut them down with a bandsaw, both sides, to get the correct width. They sell handles, too, but you could always make your own. Good thing about buying the blades is that they are already tapered, both sides. Without a power planer, this can be time consuming to do. Well, even with one.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

I believe that from what has been mentioned, I will go with the following:
      1 pair of Long leather pizza gloves
      1 Detachable wood peel w/ 48" handle
      1 5 piece residential oven set
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

I use and love every one of my 5 piece residential oven set. I just think that if the brush bristles were mounted in metal v. wood, the brush would last for years. When the fire's blazing and I need to spend some time with my brush cleaning up the floor of the oven, I'm going to be watching more closely to make sure that its not smoldering or on fire.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

This is a bit off subject: but a comment on Jim's tomato press. My dad used one for years. it was an indispensible tool when harvesting tomatoes from a 100 by 50 foot home garden. And he always ran the skins thru a second time. Amazing how much juice was still in them. Then instead of cooking down the juice to remove water he poured it into 1/2 gallon wax milk containers; sealed then and in the freezer they went. When the juice freezes the water seperates and rises to the top. Open the container: chip off the water with an ice pick and low and behold; puree for sauce.

Comment

Thats a cool trick, I'll have to remember that!
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
              I believe that from what has been mentioned, I will go with the following:
              1 pair of Long leather pizza gloves
              1 Detachable wood peel w/ 48" handle
              1 5 piece residential oven set
              I got the gloves for my birthday and love them. Beats the heck out of an oven mitt.

dusty

Comment

Working...
              X