When can I start sequential fires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I start sequential fires?

The actual inner dome of my oven was done and has been dry for three weeks. This is the same for the layer of refractory concrete I covered the whole dome with to increase the thermal mass.

two days ago I finally put on the ceramic blanket and the perlite mix.

Yesterday I covered the whole mess with quikwall by quickcrete. I’m going to seal it today with acrylic concrete sealer.

does anyone know how long I need to wait to start the fires? Really my only concern will be the quikwall covering but I can’t imagine that will see much heat with all that insulation!

Thanks!

There may be an issue with steam escaping the sealed dome- I am no expert by any means. My thought is you may begin if you haven’t already. I have read that people installed a “vent” in the outer layer to allow moisture to escape. You could drill through to the blanket- it might even allow you to see the moisture vapor escaping. If not go Very slow.
    hopefully some of the resident experts will provide more information- good luc

Comment

PsychDoc,

This is a pretty old post.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Good answer though....

Comment

Well shut my mouth- I didn’t bother to check the date. Thought it was 2019

UBCPSYC - you can definitely start the firing process

fox- thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
          X