Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy_W
    replied
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will be looking for reliable cast iron and stainless steel cookware. I think we should expect quite high prices, because truly reliable and heat-resistant cookware will cost a lot.

Leave a comment:

• MarkJerling
    replied
    We have some bain-marie stainless steel dishes that work very well for bread tins. Also a large glazed cast iron dish with lid that works well for smaller roasts. Then we have a bigger cast iron Dutch oven which we use for larger roasts and we have just found, in a secondhand shop, a virtually new large stainless steel roasting dish with lid, suitable for something like a large roast, such as a large turkey. In short, cast iron works and stainless steel works.

Those Lodge cast iron pots with lids will work well, either enamelled or not. Avoid any "non-stick" cookware in my view.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied
    I use cast-iron skillets, and a cast iron dutch oven with no ceramic glaze. Both work great. the only caveat is that if you cook with a live fire, it may burn off the seasoning. Certainly if you do the 2 minute ribeye trick - you'll be reasoning your skillet. That said, it's pretty easy to coat it with some oil/fat and throw it into a 500 degree oven the next day. Gives a pretty bulletproof seasoning layer

I don't have a ceramic coated dutch oven. Had one, it chipped, so I switched to raw metal

Leave a comment:

• Timothy_W
    started a topic What utensils can be used in the oven?

What utensils can be used in the oven?

Hey! I want to build a new oven and really wanted to cook the stew in the oven, but my previous experience turned out to be two spoiled pans for me. I need reliable cookware that will withstand the temperature of the oven (not open fire, but already cooling coals). Do you think any of the dishes from this article will do?
Working...
X