Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a senisble way to 'flatten' and arch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this a senisble way to 'flatten' and arch?

Here's the current state of play:

Comment

This looks fantastic (you took those in the rain ... a medal for committed FB Forum member is in order).

I wish I was at this stage - hopefully in a week or two will be, weather permitting.

W.
      "Carpe diem." - Fish of the Day (The Uxbridge English Dictionary)

Comment

The black area to the rear is the balck rubber tarpaulin to keep the rain off the ceramic blanket and the fire cement underneath.

Just needs the chimney sorting and final layers of vermiculite and cement and then render and paint.

Comment

Looking good -you'll soon be cooking in that. You might not need to use a plasterer - if you can lay bricks you can do rendering - just make sure you use lime in the mix, use sharp sand and wear protective gloves. I was dreading my first rendering, but after the first 20 minutes actually started to enjoy it! An easier option might be a steel roof - you sometimes find cheap corrugated steel panels on ebay too. Never any near me though...
          http://fornoeconomico.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is looking good indeed, PdD. You can also use concrete additives instead of lime. I get a brand called Sealomix from my local building supplies shop. They either replace lime to make nice smooth creamy rendering mix (or easy to use mortar), or make the mix very waterproof (or you can add both, I understand).

We were away all day today, but tomorrow weather permitting I may be finishing the stone walled base. Then it will be cabling for mains lighting and for the thermocouples. I found a nice little oven door, which will be hiding the hi-tech bits and switches. The front of my oven won't be in a bakehouse, so I need to protect my electrics from the elements.

Carl, I remember about your data, but work was quite mad for the last two weeks and I was fed up with computing. Your bake house looks fantastic.

Best wishes,
            W.
            "Carpe diem." - Fish of the Day (The Uxbridge English Dictionary)

Comment

Working...
            X