This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caputo Rosso is here!

Well if I remember from my younger hockey playing days on frozen lakes and ponds...the blue line is for "off sides"....we used to use spray paint.... good old days

FROM SCPIZZA EARLIER POST

Just to clear up any confusion, this flour is not Caputo Red / Caputo Rosso. This flour is Caputo Pizzeria.

The 25kg bag of Caputo Pizzeria is in dark blue. But the 10kg and 1kg bags are in red. All Caputo Pizzeria flour regardless of bag color has a big picture of pizza in front of Mt. Vesuvius[/COLOR]
    "Caputo Red" / Caputo Rosso / Caputo Rinforzato is a different flour that comes in a large bag that is red and has pictures of many types of breads on front (it's primarily a bread flour).

SO .... let me see if I understand..the "chef's flour" that is in the small red bag on the fb site is the slightly stronger flour that the large blue bag and is a CAPUTO PIZZA flour not ROSSO. Is this the one I am suppose to try??? NOTE ...it says"ROSSO" in the description on the FB site .

Now..as far as the attached picture I show here...according to SCpizza, this is the caputo ROSSO (Rinforzato) which is mostly for bread and is even stronger than the small caputo (red) Pizza flour.?????? Right???

I hope so...LOL I think the confusion comes from the FB web site description that says the small red chef flour is ROSSO.

Comment

OK. This is my fault. I made a mistake in calling the red Chef's Farino Rosso on the FB Store. Sorry about that.

I have fixed the FB Store listing -- and now everything is clear. LOL. Maybe we can figure out global warming next. :-)
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thx James...that explains it.... so any recommendations on hydration level with this flour....I see some reference to 68% hydration out there. I never went that high but I am willing to give it a try. Show I see a lighter, thinner crust with that much water than I normally would. Any other notable characteristic with regard to the higher water level?

Comment

oh boy...i am back to where i started....LOL so even the chef red is ROSSO?

Comment

I am still confused, please take a look at this photo and tell me if I have the right stuff yeay or nay...

I'm thinking no...
            on the side of the bag it says "umidita massima 15.50%" maximum humidity 15.5%????
            is this the maximum hydration for this type of flour? or is that storage instructions?
            Last edited by JoeyVelderrain; 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

What you have is the same as Caputo Rinforzato (Rosso). The % is the amount of moisture in the flour "when packed".

Comment

This is really becoming a problem....I spoke to the importer for Caputo flour in the NJ area. This is what I was told...The large blue 55 # bag with the pizza on it is what is the original pizza calls for. The red bag (CHEF )you show here is THE EXACT SAME FLOUR AS THE LARGE BLUE BAG only in 1KG size. This was done for consumers. There is another large 55# red bag. That is the Antimo Caputo 00 Rinforzato Rosso Flour. That is not what you have. The Rinforzato Rosso also comes in a 10 KG bag but that is reserved for vendors as a sample. It is only available in a limited supply and does not come in 1KG bags (unless someone repackages them like some vendor do). I tried the RED chef 1KG bag and saw no difference from the blue bag. I have the real rinforato rosso but have not yet tried it. I was told the protien level is a bit more and is designed for longer cooler resting periods.

Comment

Hi,

Last fall Caputo changed the design on the bag and also the contents. The flour in the one kilo bags in now the same as the Caputo Rinforzato. I sell Caputo flour on the internet and back in Connecticut. I have spoken with the company in New Jersey, as that is where all flour in the US comes from, and I have also been in direct contact with Caputo in Naples, Italy. Here is one of the messages from Caputo. It refers to the technical info of the flour.

Yes Chef is the same of rosso
                  These is in english
                  But is non the last test
                  Sorry...
                  Molino Caputo
                  +39 0817520566
                  Molino Caputo - La Farina di Napoli
                  info@molinocaputo.it

Comment

i wonder why I got different info from this only a few days ago!!!! I dont want to put the contacts name up here but it began with an F. Is that the correct contact.?

Comment

Yes, He is the man in charge and he may be confused. Here is an email I got from him last October.

Gary,

Sorry, but it is my confusion. We switched the 1kg package from blue extra to chefs rosso. In doing so we switched the flour inside as well and I forgot. The chefs is same as rosso.

Glad the boys are doing well.

Keep it up.

Fred

Comment

LOL...this sounds like "who's on first"..... I could not see a difference at all . I am currently working on a blend of flour that will cook at a lower oven temp and brown a little more that char....I have heard a lot of people say that quite offen they feel the true Napoletana they experience is a bit under cooked on the inside. I am trying to get a little more cooking time. I tried a few diffent blends and have seen some good results. I wanted to try the rosso with my blend to see if there is a notible difference.

Comment

Im in the market for a new bag of flour have been using the big blue bag and have been thrilled. If there is something better I want to try it. Has this red bag thing got sorted out? Hey James maybe you could invite your Caputo rep to post on this thread and sort this out
                          Tom

Comment

Comment

any more input from anyone on confirmation of the flour type by bag

Comment

Working...
                              X