• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: Vpn Doc

G'day
    Extra Virgin Olive ..... Its the first pressing from olives usually done cold, to retain the fruit flavours. The remaining seed and pulp is heated and recrushed the secound has not the flavour or purity
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• Ekota
    replied
    Re: anyone

What is Evo?

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied
    Good thing its good for you. Because if it isn't, we're in big trouble.
    James

Leave a comment:

• stuart
    replied
    Originally posted by james
    Swirl oil on your pizza right before you put it in the oven -- and you can really taste the good stuff.
    James
    I like to brush the whole crust with EVO before dressing the pie, then drizzle it over the whole pie just before it bakes. Then brush the crust when it comes out. Of course there are bowls of EVO on the table to dip the crust in too!

We go through the EVO like it was..........EVO!

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a topic Vpn Doc

Vpn Doc

Somebody asked me once if I thought pizzerias really used EVO, because of the expense.

We ate a restaurant last trip that had a good strategy. The basic Margherita, with regular Mozzarella and olive oil of unknown origin was 5 euro, and the VPN DOC with Mozzarella di bufala and EVO was 8 euro.

At least they are honest about it. And the extra few euro's was a no brainer.

I definitely think that the quality of the olive oil is one of the most important parts of a great pizza. Swirl oil on your pizza right before you put it in the oven -- and you can really taste the good stuff.
    James
Working...
X