X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lburou
    replied
    Re: dough in individual containers

We are using these with no problems noted to date. Should have bought a couple of the 96 oz size. The best deal I found, including shipping, was from this source.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

I use a plastic stationary drawer unit which has 5 drawers. I place 4 large or 6 small floured dough balls in each drawer. Cheap and works well.

Leave a comment:

• heliman
    replied

For the Aussies - there is a square "Sistema" brand made in NZ that is often sold 1/2 price singly or in a set which I have found to be perfect. The lid seals well, are a good size for a 250 - 270 g dough ball... and they stack nicely! Worth looking out for when on special as the full price is a bit steep. Woolies & Coles has them.

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    They are spun aluminum, not SS. I was given them by a pizzaria owner, he has hundreds of them and uses them with no problems.

The picture doesn't show the shape, this is them:

Pans, Trays, Containers

Those look nice....

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

Originally posted by Les View Post
    They are not as slick as dough boxes but I bought individual containers from the Dollar Tree - 4 for a dollar.
    I got mine for a good price, but when I go mobile, I won't want to deal with a hundred little containers.

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

Originally posted by heliman View Post
    How much yeast are you using? Perhaps try the biga method. The was a recent thread on this topic that may be of interest.
    Recipe calls for 0.33 oz of yeast. I haven't seen that thread.

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

I also have those aluminum containers. I got them at a local Costco Business Center. The containers were like a couple of bucks each and the lids were like a buck each at most. The containers stack upon themselves without the lids so you don't need a lid for each.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

They are spun aluminum, not SS. I was given them by a pizzaria owner, he has hundreds of them and uses them with no problems.

The picture doesn't show the shape, this is them:

http://fgpizza.com/store/page16.html
    Last edited by Tscarborough; 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tusr18a
    replied

I have never seen stainless steel affect the color of a straight pizza dough. I do know from experience that if eggs are left in stainless steel, you will get gray/green eggs. Perhaps the chef was talking about a brioche or pate brise dough that has some egg content.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    was just given the metal ones
    TS, I'm no expert by any stretch but a chef told me not to proof dough in stainless steel. She said it would tend to "grey" the dough. She mentioned that when I told her I was mixing my dough in my K.A. Anyone have experience with this??

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

I use the plastic ones (no holes, I just burp them every day or so) and was just given the metal ones, I have yet to use them.

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

My Glad container lids have pinholes in them too.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Tman1 View Post
    I've been looking for used dough boxes on Craigslist... maybe soon.
    They are not as slick as dough boxes but I bought individual containers from the Dollar Tree - 4 for a dollar.

Leave a comment:

• heliman
    replied

How much yeast are you using? Perhaps try the biga method. The was a recent thread on this topic that may be of interest.

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

OK, I really like the little hole idea, and I didn't oil the balls prior to plopping them in the containers. 2 more items to remember!

I've been looking for used dough boxes on Craigslist... maybe soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X