Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best pizza in napoli???

james,
    did you ever eat at michelles (i think that was the name of the place)? it's the place world-renowned as the best pizzeria in napoli. alsolutely incredible pizza, and the model for my perfect pizza.
    -Paul
    overdo it or don't do it at all!

My 2005 pompeii build

I stood in front of it when it was closed on a Sunday. Does that count? Don't get me started on Italian Sunday closing hours. :-)

On a more positive note, I absolutely enjoyed Bellini, Ciro di Santa Brigida, Ciro di Mergellina and Fratelli di Bufala. Bellini might have been my favorite (a pizza appetizer before sea food pasta). I had a fun chat with the Pizzaiolo at Ciro di Santa Brigida, who is a 4th or 5th generation pizzaiolo, and met Sig. Pace of VPN.

I would highly recommend a food vacation in Naples, and have a few leads on cooking schools, agriturismos and cheese producers.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

if i can scrape together the money, i am considering a trip this winter/spring. last time i went there on tour with my band, i just went in circles all day long: espresso, pizza, gelato, espresso, pizza, gelato...all day long. i think i gained 20 pounds in one week.
      -Paul

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

Pizza, pasta, gellato and espresso are good for you. :-) I don't know any overweight Italians!
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

yeah, i'm just kidding about the 20 pounds. i just felt like such an absolute glutton and loved it!
          -Paul

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

Working...
          X