Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza prep surface

That's what we want to hear. :-)

I think using a remnant on top of another counter is a good option. One more thing -- our remnant is 36" wide, which is really tight for making two pizzas at a time. OK for the kids, but not really enough elbow room for two adults.

James
    Last edited by james; 04-28-2008, 08:56 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

The day after Christmas, we picked up a lot of ceramic tile on clearance at Lowes...the master bath shower ended up taking about 6 weeks (replacing subfloor and all that) but when finished, I still had about 350 square feet of tile left. Most of its 12" (but only 11 cents each!) but there are still 4-5 boxes of the 18" inch size (94 cents on sale, regular price $4 each) so the plan is to cover all the concrete counters out by the ovens with it.
      The last couple of parties, I just put a few of the big tiles out on the countertops... mostly we make the pizzas directly on the peels but some of the tiles get used for prep work. Also great for dumping pizzas back on out of the oven...keeps the peels in use for others to assemble their pizzas on.
      I think that once I tile the counters, I'll keep at least 6 of the big ones free for use during parties. They're big enough to work on but can be moved around on the counters to get more elbow room if needed. Also, if someone makes a royal mess on one, its easy to pop over to the sink for a quick rinse off and dry. And as we found out last week, big tiles with dough or finished pizzas can quickly be grabbed up to shove under shelter when the sky opens up.
      Paradise is where you make it.

Comment

A friend of mine "came by" some stainless steel sheet about 1mm thick. After a good sanding with fine sandpaper using a big angle grinder, it polished up well. We just lug it around and put it where we need it each time. It's about 4ftx 2ft Pizza peel slides under beautifully
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I love the way travertine looks but wonder whether it is really a good prep surface, escpecially if it is outdoors.....

Comment

Working...
          X