X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColonelCorn76
    replied
    We do spinach with cheese (actually, they do it, I don't eat that stuff...:-)

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied
    Seafood pizza -- again!

I had a great seafood pizza in a wood-fired restaurant the other night.

Slices of octopus, squid/calamari and cuttlefish/sepia on a base of simple, fresh tomato sauce, and no cheese. Very fresh, and if you like that sort of thing, very fishy. Great on a hot evening.

A lady at a table behind me had what looked like a dinner salad on a pizza. It was fresh greens and mozzarella piled on what looked like a margherita, then covered with EVOO. It made me think you can do just about anything wiht a pizza.

James

Leave a comment:

• paulages
    replied
    that's because all of the amazing heirlooms have all been weeded out of the market, because of irregularities. i can't remember exactly which variety is my favorite---it's either "black prince", "black plum" or just "black." seeds for all three are available through territorial seed company (http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm). they could most likely be found at your local farmers market, or maybe i'm just too used to living in the northwest. i used to not like tomatoes actually, when i thought they were all beefsteak style, but i can just sit there and eat these plain all day long.

Leave a comment:

• david
    replied
    What are Black tomatoes.I've never heard of them Paulages?

Leave a comment:

• paulages
    replied
    i think creativity can lead to some amazing pizzas, and i've tried some wierd shit. but i think you can't beat the margherita, or my favorite, the margherita pura. the best sauce comes from black tomatoes, straight from the garden (the spiciest tomato strain i've ever tried), just crushed and salted. add sliced or pressed garlic, plenty (not a drizzle) of olive oil, and fresh basil at the last minute. maybe it's boring, but i think it's classic and unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• piomike
    replied
    My first Pizza Party And Dough Recipe

Here's a link to photo's of my first pizza party

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/piomike/album?.dir=7660

Also I found this dough recipe and it is the best I've had.

2 cups bread flour
    1 tsp quick rise yeast or 1/2 pack
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    1 cup warm water

in a food processor with the plastic blade. blend dry ingrediants add oil then turn on and add the water slowly. it is a wet dough. turn out on a floured surface and knead 5-10 times put in a large oiled bowl, rise 2 hours in a warm place. thats it and it is great........

Leave a comment:

• david
    replied
    Oven dried Tomatoes,Black Olives,Goat Cheese and Sweet Vidalia onions drizzled with EVOO and a pinch of sea salt / Oregano.I haven't made this one yet,but I used to get it at a local Pizzeria a few years ago,that has since closed.It is a delicious combination,and will be one of the first coming out of my almost completed Pompeii style oven!

Leave a comment:

• Robert Musa
    replied
    with respect to the clams, we just used the largest ones we could find in a jar. can you imagine pizza for 36 AND shucking clams...

i made one shrimp (thai seasoning) pizza in the past. i found that i should have precooked the shrimp, because without the pre-cooking they released too much liquid onto the pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Musa
    replied
    too much time on hands ...

Leave a comment:

• vitoduke
    replied
    evoo

James--evoo is extra virgin olive oil. ---Mel

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied
    Clams in the shell?

Robert,

I can see how the wine-margherita thing could disrupt even a well-oiled production team. How did you do the clams? In the shell or out? Precooked? And what's evoo?

What do you think of a pure Frutti di Mare pizza -- clams, mussels, shrimp and Calamari? My favorite. It's like having pizza and a seafood dinner at the same time. Even the pizza tastes like the clams and mussels.

James

Leave a comment:

• Robert Musa
    replied
    made pizza for 36 on saturday. have learned that we still need more organizational skills and also not to mix red wine and margaritas on an empty stomach. but i digress... my new favorite pizza is:

clam with pesto, parm and evoo

also, really good was green apple with mozz and prosciotto

pictures at the bottom of http://www.cpsusa.com/ebay/OvenPilgrimages.htm

Leave a comment:

• Bob C
    replied
    How about a thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozz., and a drizzle of olive oil infused with chili pepper...then the optional hot sausage....

Bob C.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Oertli
    replied
    Five Alarm Envy

Howie, that looks and sounds tasty.

I will try it.

My favorite is a White pizza starting with a sprinkle of grated garlic, then a drizzle of EVO then spicy Italian sausage, diced onion, thin sliced roma tomatos to cover 30% and topped with stalks of Cilantro in a wagon spoke.

all of this on as thin a crust as you can get away with.

K.O.

Leave a comment:

• Howie
    replied
    Staying in practice with a "Five Alarm" pie. I took a handfull of roasted and peeled finger peppers and a handfull of nonpariel Capers and came up with this really "Outspoken" masterpiece.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/100_0005.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/100_0012.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X