X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telehort
    replied
    Re: Can an oven be too hot for Pizza

Wiley - I do the same with my recipe as well. I have tried in the 850-900 degree range, but find i have much more success in the 750 range.

Leave a comment:

• Wiley
    replied

Dim Tex,
    This is a part of learning your WFO. I would not even consider placing a pizza made using my recipe into my WFO at that temperature. Balancing the recipe (especially hydration of the dough) with temp (both hearth and dome) is somewhat variable WFO to WFO. Find that sweet spot for your oven and you will produce consistant quality.

I would suggest you wait a bit and let the temps moderate; try placing the pizza with a hearth temp of 700 F and see what results you get. I am not ashamed to say I cook pizza at a hearth of 700 and dome running around 800. Others may be able to do 900F but I can't do that in my WFO using my recipe.

Hope this helps,
    Wiley

Leave a comment:

• larrya1049
    replied

Hey Tex you may want to try a higher percentage of water in your dough. Also try using less sauce and you can hold the pie up close to the dome, to brown the cheese, with the peel before pulling it out. You may also want to try cooking the sauce longer to thicken it some if it's really watery.

Ciao
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• DimTex
    started a topic Can an oven be too hot for Pizza

Can an oven be too hot for Pizza

I've been wondering what is the secret to the right temperature for the oven. Mine has plenty (900+ degrees) but I've found my crust burning before the cheese melts or browns and the sauce thickens. Should I build a smaller fire or is there some other variable I am not taking into account?
Working...
X